EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-10, 09:09 PM   #21
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

here are the rest of the pics of todays progress.. when the project is done i am going to make a slide show of all the pics i've taken.. there are many i haven't posted.. this will be the first time i have ever documented any of my work.. i normally just build it than video my machines up and running. let's see if i can get a video of MR.GREEN moving with it's new heart.. keep your fingers..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1950.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	657   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1952.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	658   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1957.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	659   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1963.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	660   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1964.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	661  

aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 06:50 AM   #22
Daox
Administrator

Let me say, thank you for documenting it. I love seeing the progression of the tractor and I know others do as well. The videos are great too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 11:15 PM   #23
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

tuesday i was busy with the wiring, heat shrinking, and crimping the connecters together.. it was a pretty easy day, just had to take my time so no wires got crossed.. i did activate MR.GREEN but hook up a dummy motor it since this was the first time.. if something went wrong i rather blow up a dummy motor than the really motor.. no pics were taken for it was just wires.. today i bolted the motor down and add the pulleys on it.. i decided to scrap my first ideal of the plate and create a belt tension, but realize i was making it more complicated than it had to be.. so i looked around my parts stash and found an idle pulley and used that for the belt tension.. and now MR.GREEN is alive and working good.. just need to put the wires is order so it will not look sloppy and put on the hood... i did take it to Pam's house so she could test it out..this was just 10 minutes after i got everything together.. was still untested under a load..here is a couple of vids from today.. not the best or most exciting but the tractor is alive and running........

here is an onboard vid of the tractor as i road it around the back of the my house

Last edited by aproldan; 03-21-10 at 07:44 AM..
Old 03-27-10, 09:43 PM   #24
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

MR.GREEN is 98% complete. it has been test and has gone for a 4 mile run with not site of slowing down or voltage drop... i have haul the kids in a wagon around the back and een had my girl haul my next project from next door to me to the back of my house.. here are some vids of the
tractor..
Old 03-28-10, 10:54 AM   #25
Daox
Administrator

Looks like its working great!

In the 2nd video you mention to keep her foot on the throttle. I think you said you weren't using a controller. Do you just have the pedal setup to throw the contactor?

&
Old 03-28-10, 11:20 AM   #26
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

i am using a controller. my little girl had the tractor in first gear, she is too short and has trouble reaching the foot throttle... i have the foot throttle setup for the owner which she is about 6 foot tall so it's further then my tractors...
Old 03-31-10, 11:01 AM   #27
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

MR.Green is 100% complete and was just delivered to pam and will be put to work today.. i will be back there next week to check up and make sure she has not problem or question about the tractor... have a good life MR. GREEN..
Old 03-31-10, 11:27 AM   #28
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

Congratulations on a job well done. And pretty quick too.

Cheers,
Rich
Xringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 12:36 PM   #29
Daox
Administrator

Very nice work. Let us know how it works out for her!

BTW, what controller did you use?

&
Old 03-31-10, 10:57 PM   #30
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

thanks guys for the props.. as for the controller it is a Chinese made controller, but it's a 36 volt 2000watt controller. but i did notice today at pam's it was having a little trouble hauling the poop spreader. so tomorrow i will change the timing on the motor and that should take care of that.. i am glad to have my garage back for i started another project for the kids.. it is going to be an electric trike.. but not a small one it is about a half scale of a real street one.. i started that this past friday. got farther then i thought.. here are some pics. if you think it would be something you want me to post let me know..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2054.JPG
Views:	397
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	678   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2072.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	679   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2079.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	680  

Last edited by aproldan; 04-01-10 at 12:58 AM..

Tags
electric tractor.