EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-18, 01:20 PM   #1
Sccoupe
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Cheapish options for desuperheater water storage.

---With the goethermal heating going well, its time to get the desuperheater running. I did have the setup going for a few weeks until I found that the 100 gallon galvanized tank was causing rust in the water. It was known to be rusty inside but was cleaned out well. This apparently is no good. The water comes out clear, but turns orange after hitting the oxygen for a few minutes. So this tank has been bypassed and back to standard electric hot water.
---What are some options for an affordable pre-storage tank that can be pressurized? Poly tanks are out. Buying a new hot water tank is expensive and only half the size of the previous rusty 100 gallon tank. Stainless tanks are expensive. Propane tanks don't seem to be coated inside and would rust. Making some tanks from 12" PVC could work but that pipe is also expensive. I could dig for some used hot water heaters, but who knows when those would start to leak or already be full of sediment. Another other options?

Regards

Jason

Sccoupe is offline   Reply With Quote