EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > For Sale / Trade / Wanted / Web Finds
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-14, 08:02 AM   #1
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

Default Woot.com LED 6-pack deal

This is a deal only good for 10/14/2014, Woot is a 'deal a day' type site.

Woot.com has A19 form factor(standard bulb) LED 6 packs for $28.99 plus $5 shipping on the sellout portion of their site.

$33.99 shipped for a 6 pack of LEDs seems like a decent deal. I don't know anything about this brand or how they behave. (Some LEDs I've seen in the store take a second to fire, not sure if that applies to these).

"Energetic Lighting ELY09-EAS-VB-6 A19 800 Lumen 8.2 Watt LED Bulb, 6-Pack"

Sellout.Woot: Best bargains, last chance deals, & more

Here's a copy/paste of the limited details on the ad
"Energetic Lighting is one of the largest and most advanced lighting manufacturers in the world. Our high quality, cost saving LED bulbs are excellent in energy reduction.

85% reduction in energy
8.2W, 800 lumens
60 W equivalent
Light weight
Environmentally friendly
LED Technology
240 degree beam angle
Lasts up to 16 years"

I felt I'd pass this along. I'm personally most likely to buy CREE A19 LEDs in the future but I'm waiting for some CFLs to die or for someone to take some off my hands(no shipping).

MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-14, 09:36 AM   #2
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

Just realized I forgot to set the title to woot.com LED 6-pack deal. ..or something similar. Mod help? Either way it's only for today.
Old 10-14-14, 10:06 AM   #3
Daox
Administrator

Nice find. I've never heard of the brand either, but the price is pretty reasonable.

I updated your title too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-14, 11:34 AM   #4
Daox
Administrator

Did you try these lights out?

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 10:10 AM   #5
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

I didn't buy them. As it stands I have either linear fluorescent, CFL or LED lamps in all of my daily usage fixtures. I actually have a few extra CFLs sitting around from when I got LEDs for the two bedrooms and the bathroom. So basically I'd be buying for the future if I bought some but at this point, I figure that the technology will improve with better quality light, more lumens for the power usage, and maybe even longer lasting LEDs. ..although I can't complain because 50,000 hours for the LEDs I'm using now is a very long time.

I moved into my current house in 2010 and I haven't had a single CFL or LED burn out yet in that time frame. I had one linear fluorescent become finicky to start when the house was cold and the previous homeowners had four new spares sealed in their package so I swapped the bad one and probably have a few decades of spares. I don't see any need to buy any new lamps for probably a decade. I do have a lamp that uses a 3-way CFL and I was intrigued to find two 3-way LEDs at Menards yesterday. I would prefer to have a lower power setting than 12 watts as the lowest setting so I've considered it but then I'll have another unused CFL sitting around and the expense of buying another light so I figure it would be best to skip it. I'm starting to think chasing 2 or 3 watts is a bit pointless when it involves spending $20+ to replace an existing working lamp. I'm also not sure if it would pop out of the top, above the lamp shade which I'd prefer it didn't so that's another reason to skip it.

I do like what I see though.

10/22/32 watts as a 50/100/150 replacement.
http://www.menards.com/main/p-2248579-c-7482.htm

..or a more sedate 5/8/13 that I think I'd swap in place. When I'm not reading a book, I usually just want enough light to see what I'm eating or to get around the room and 450 lumens or roughly a 40 watt incandescent equivalent works out for me.

I prefer 3-way lamps because using a dimmer is a great way to lose efficiency on a CFL or LED and there's a range of movement on most dimmers to where you are at full brightness or the lamp won't light. For CFLs I find it a pain to move the dimmer up and then slide it back down to get a dim light an then notice that I'm using more power than expected for the amount of light I'm getting. At least with the 5/8/13 like this one, I'm getting 90/100/92.3 lumens per watt depending on the setting I'm using, which to me is extremely good and beats CFLs and most other LEDs too.
http://www.menards.com/main/p-2425674-c-7482.htm