EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 06-24-12, 12:01 PM   #1
slrpro02

Default Hi from michigan

Well I have been lurking here on and off for along time. I was ready to do a lot of the stuff like what is being done here. Well you know the old saying the best laid plans of mice & men. I was going to put in earth tubes, or GSHP. Then there was the housing crash. Then the airport decided they want to build a new runway that would of ended right on the corner of my property. Then the wife decided we needed a divorce. Well to make along story short. I ended up walking away from that home, and ended up with one of the 2 rental homes we had in Detroit. Well I started thinking of doing some of stuff I was going to do to the home in Romulus to my home in Detroit. Then a few months after moving in to my Detroit home the Governor started talking about building a new bridge to Canada, guess what that meant they were going to buy this house a tear it down. well now here I set for about 4 years waiting for them to make up my mind.
I was wondering if you guys like AC_HACKER have ever been to Government Liquidations? They have a lot of heating, & air conditioning stuff & some of it appears to be new. I bet sometimes they would even have a well digger.
I hope you find something interesting

I did buy a 10KW diesel gen.set that I plan on running on waste veg. oil. I hope to get off the grid, & this is where I started. Approx. 3 years ago the electric company (DTE energy) here raised their rates 300%. Well that's more than I was going to write.
GREAT SITE

Old 06-24-12, 01:35 PM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to the site. Sounds like a good run of bad luck there! Hope its all over for you.

I suppose in the mean time you can look over our 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips You can do Right Now. None of them really require a big investment in time or money and can reap pretty good rewards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-12, 02:08 PM   #3
SimpleManLance
Helper EcoRenovator

Welcome fellow Michigander.
Old 07-30-12, 07:24 AM   #4
Aireonline
Lurking Renovator

Hi welcome to ecorenovator. Have your stay enjoyable.