Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-13, 03:38 PM   #1
akbrant
Lurking Renovator

Default Deep cold well

Hey All,

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks now and decided that today's the day for my first post and my project update.

We bought a house around Christmas 2012. During the inspection I asked about a huge tank behind the boiler. The seller said the home was built with a well system but is now on city water. He then went on to say the well is around 200 feet deep and he could remember the drilling commenting on how much water the well produced (over 10g per min)

I bet you can guess why I'm reading this form?

I took a lot of pictures to tell my story.

The well is located under the drying machine. Who would put it such a hard place to service, I know someone who thought it would never be used again!

Well that sucks! Kinda hard to pull 200 feet of 1 inch PE pipe plus 50 lbs of stainless steel pump with 20mm clearance. Something must be done!!

Well done. I think you can see what I did here. It kinda straight and plumb.

Understanding wife Understanding wife A big hole in a new house, well technically is still in the garage....

Helpers The next weekend I got some help pulling the heavy apparatus up the well bore.

Whole package Whole package We added four sections of 100PSI rated 3/4 PE pipeing into the bore hole. You can see the 1 inch original PE tube and the two 3/4 inch lines plus the wire for the pump. Next time I pull, I'm going to add a safty line and bigger loop tubing or maybe two runs of 3/4 because I'm only getting about 3.5 gallons a min flow rate.

Test rig I had this contraption in my possession originally an 6000btu window shaker.

Hope the pictures work
akbrant

Last edited by akbrant; 05-23-13 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: Fixed up links to pictures
akbrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
well water