EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Other Improvements
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-18, 05:20 PM   #1
vwhead77
Helper EcoRenovator

Thumbs up DIY - Wireless Temperature Control

I'm a refrigeration mechanic specializing in commercial refrigeration for the past 35 yrs. I have a special problem that got my 'wheels' turning. There is an older beer cooler at a local pub that I am controlling with a pressure control. I'd like to install a regular thermostatic temperature controller to track a better temp in the cooler. The problem is, the condensing unit is in a crawl space in the roof area and is kind of hard to be able to run wires from the cooler to the compressor. The search for wireless temperature for my purpose is proving to be futile. My idea is to incorporate a wireless light switch with a range of about 100 ft. to activate a PAM switch that would control the unit. From what I'm finding, there are only a couple of options which I can go with since the switch needs to stay in and 'on' position at all times so a temperature control can interrupt the signal without deactivating the wireless switch. I've order two types of switches to experiment with. My main concern is that I'm hoping low voltage will be be able to pass through a mechanical switch easy enough to make the connection. Will keep ya posted on my progress (I'm really just posting this so that I can keep motivated to revisit this idea) Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

vwhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote