EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-17, 01:22 AM   #1
slippy
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Need any LED tubes to replace fluorescents?

Last year, I replaced 550 fluorescent tubes (8' and 4') with LED tubes. They are stinkin' awesome. We saw a 30% drop in our power bill. I have not replaced a single tube or ballast (of course...) since, and the light is brighter and better quality.

I have a friend with a HUGE warehouse who was wanting to switch to LEDs. Well, I stumbled upon an auction of 23,100 tubes, far more than he'll need. I won the auction, and got the tubes.

They are ultra-efficient, 15W ones. Most you'll find are 18W. They are very bright, and easy to install.

If anyone would like some, I'll do you right on the price. Just PM me!

slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-17, 09:10 AM   #2
bmxeroh
Helper EcoRenovator

How long are these? Do you have a model number or the specs on them?
bmxeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-17, 10:15 AM   #3
slippy
Helper EcoRenovator

Searching for this will get you plenty of information on them:
Zenaro RSLT81-4FT-15W-5000-ND-IDS-CL LED Tube Lighting T8 Tube

Amazon was selling them for $32; Office Depot has them for $49 as I recall. We're looking for a fraction of that.
Old 02-15-17, 10:54 AM   #4
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I found these on Amazon are they the same? $13.75 each shipped

https://www.amazon.com/LED-Tube-T8-R...RSLT81-4FT-15W

Load up some pictures to a photo site I will post it to this thread.

What color white are they how much do you want for them?
Do you take paypal. You are in Charlotte NC is that where the LED lights are?

I am in Greenville SC do you ever get down this way?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-17, 12:01 PM   #5
slippy
Helper EcoRenovator

To Geo NR Gee (I can't send PMs yet):

I see I got a message from you, but I can't see it in the thread.

"Slippy" is a 20-year-old pet name my wife and I have for each other. The story isn't terribly interesting, but it involved two little kids playing Starfox 64. Slippy is a character in the game.

As far as why you should or shouldn't spend money with someone with such a name, well, I just don't know how to respond. I'm by no means in the LED business, but got a great deal, and am looking to share.

You were one of the posters to the GSHP Manifesto whose posts I really enjoyed reading. There were some idiots in there, but you were always on-point.

Anyway, I can't see the rest of your post; it appears to be gone. A snippet of the first sentence or two came to me by email.

-Slippy
Old 02-15-17, 12:07 PM   #6
slippy
Helper EcoRenovator

Pinballlooking:

Yes, those are the same LED tubes. They are pure white (5000K). They are in both my warehouse (a couple of pallets) in Charlotte, and 20+ pallets in Belmont NC at a contract warehouse.

Six bucks apiece is the price. I'm not inclined to break up cases (12 per case). Shipping is whatever shipping is, which isn't bad; they are light.

These LEDs have a MUCH better build quality than the ones I installed. I've been wanting to make a comparison video. When we bought ours, I obtained samples from about a dozen different places. Most had near-identical construction. These tubes were designed in 2012, and I guess corners were cut big-time throughout the industry after that, to get prices down. ($50 for a single tube was certainly a bit ridiculous, but even at that, they'd pay for themselves!) Be sure to note how much these save per year even over 18W tubes. I really got lucky getting these!
Old 02-15-17, 12:19 PM   #7
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Do you ever travel down Greenville SC way? Belmont NC is a little closer to me.
I have about 20 T8 light in my grange but they are not used much.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-17, 07:09 PM   #8
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippy View Post
To Geo NR Gee (I can't send PMs yet):

I see I got a message from you, but I can't see it in the thread.

"Slippy" is a 20-year-old pet name my wife and I have for each other. The story isn't terribly interesting, but it involved two little kids playing Starfox 64. Slippy is a character in the game.

As far as why you should or shouldn't spend money with someone with such a name, well, I just don't know how to respond. I'm by no means in the LED business, but got a great deal, and am looking to share.

You were one of the posters to the GSHP Manifesto whose posts I really enjoyed reading. There were some idiots in there, but you were always on-point.

Anyway, I can't see the rest of your post; it appears to be gone. A snippet of the first sentence or two came to me by email.

-Slippy
Slippy,
I deleted my post as it wasn't positive and sorry, I should have gave you the benefit of the doubt.

When you get some posts built up, I would love to see some pictures of the led tubes and your projects. I told a bunch of my buddies about your post this morning and they are already excited about maybe buying some. Welcome to Ecorenovator.org. Looks like you have already read some of the exciting posts that are found here.

Geo
Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-17, 07:22 PM   #9
slippy
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Read a FEW? LOL! :)

Geo,

I read every last post in the Manifesto. Ugh; took over a week reading many, many hours a day!

I began drilling today. It isn't going so well, and I'm shopping for a pump right now to maybe solve my woes. I'm going the PVC-water route, which may or may not work in my area, from what a local driller said.

I'm not here to hawk LEDs; I'm working on GSHP, but it hit me that others here probably WOULD be interested in them, as efficiency is certainly am item high on everyone's list, it would seem, at least from what I've read.

On the topic of drilling, though... reckon kitty litter (which is bentonite) would work as well as Halliburton's stuff? I'd think that it'd get pulverized in drilling and pumping, to its fine-powder state.

Thanks,

Slippy
Old 02-15-17, 07:27 PM   #10
slippy
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
Do you ever travel down Greenville SC way? Belmont NC is a little closer to me.
I have about 20 T8 light in my grange but they are not used much.
There are kits made by EPCO Mfg. that easily convert single or double lamp 8 foot fixtures to double or quad 4 foot fixtures, in the event that this is what they are, FYI. (I know you said T8, which means 1" diameter.) The kits are $10ish. We don't sell them -- we just bought the ones we needed for our conversion last year. One lady at the office was able to rewire and convert and relamp an 8' fixture by herself in 7 minutes!

If you don't use them much, well, it might not be worth fooling with. I don't get down there much anymore, but UPS does every day