EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-10, 06:22 AM   #11
Daox
Administrator

Nice to see some progress on this mower. Can't wait to see pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 10:04 PM   #12
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

here are some pics from yesterdays work.. as you can see the rear end is from the golf cart and the front end is from the tride on tractor. as of right now all i am doing is cutting and dry fitting everything to make sure it fits where i need it. as soon as all if cut and fit right then i will be bolting and wielding everything together.. the look with the rear and front end together will not look like the pics i have towork on the look but basically it will still look like a tractor.. the motor in the front will be dedicated just for the cutting deck.. and the drive is in the rear just dedicated for propelling the tractor..i can't wait for this project to be up and running.. i think it will be a fun tractor to put to work.. i am also adding a horn to the tractor to drive the neighbors crazy since some of them say my projects are too quiet..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2767.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	946   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2768.JPG
Views:	518
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	947   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2770.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	948   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2780.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	949   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2778.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	950  

aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 06:04 AM   #13
Daox
Administrator

Looks like they fit together alright. Any problems with mounting the structural members together?

&
Old 09-22-10, 08:14 AM   #14
Patrick
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Just remember to leave enough room so you can access everything after it's all welded.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 11:32 AM   #15
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

progress is very slow on this build.. lots of things running through my brain so i keep changing ideas on what i want and need to do.. here are some pics from today of what i might have it look like for now.. i added an old tractor hood i had laying around my bone yard. i also find a rear fender from another tractor that i cut in half to put over the rear wheels( it may stay but not sure)... i still need to make a dump bed in the rear so i may not need those fenders.. i have wood in the pics but that is only a reference/guide line for me not to go any lower then that, for that is where the batteries go and the height it needs to be.. sorry i don't have any more progress on this tractor but i am hoping the light bulb in my head goes on like all my other builds and project i have done.. so far this build has cost me $12.56 not counting the 500.00 for the motor for the cutting deck and the batteries which will cost $340.00.. so it will still be around $1000.00 when this is complete..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CIMG2812.JPG
Views:	687
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	962   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2816.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	963   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2813.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	964   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2815.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	965   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2818.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	966  

Last edited by aproldan; 10-07-10 at 11:36 AM..
Old 10-07-10, 06:41 PM   #16
Daox
Administrator

Its looking good. I like the idea of the dump bed. I have a trailer for mine and its great to have around.

&
Old 10-11-10, 04:42 PM   #17
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

i was working on SCRAP-E today.. i decided to make a bed for the tractor but first i needed to find some old wood which i did at my neighbors, he had a bunch of wood in his garage and he was glad
to let me have some and get it out of his garage.. so i made a bed and i guess 1/2 the rails done.. the bed is mighty wide but i kind of like it because it goes over the rear wheels so i don't have to use a fender.. what do you guys think? here are some pics of the bed..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CIMG2819.JPG
Views:	632
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	969   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2821.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	970   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2824.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	971   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2828.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	972   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2829.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	973  

Old 10-12-10, 08:18 AM   #18
Daox
Administrator

Looks like it needs a front!

How big is the flat area? Is it tiltable?

&
Old 10-12-10, 07:22 PM   #19
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Looks like it needs a front!

How big is the flat area? Is it tiltable?
yes was working on the front this morning.. i decided to use a white plastic fence board i have laying in the back.. i cut some pieces to use on the floor of the bed.. that will keep the wood from getting all torn up. here is what i got so far.. i may end up making a new bed out of the fence board if it ends up being half the weight..
the flat area of the bed is 27" long 42' wide and 14"" high. i want to make it a tilt bed but right now i need to finish making the a battery box, seat and foot boards. than i can run the wires,see where to place the controller and make a new dash board to put the switches,meters and i'm thinking of putting in a radio.. the color i am going with is black gloss and gold gloss.. the gold will be sprayed on the black to make a spatter effect.. i modified the spray nozzle on the spray bottle to make it do what i want it to do. here a few pics of what i am talking about.. pics really don't do any justice, but in person it really looks nice..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CIMG2844.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	980   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2847.JPG
Views:	450
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	981   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2848.JPG
Views:	444
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	982   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2843.JPG
Views:	697
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	983   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG2858.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	984  

Old 01-28-11, 12:48 PM   #20
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

it's been a while since i have done anything with this project, haven't had much time for it. kids have been keeping me busy... but i have had plenty of time at night to think of a few different ideas... one was what to do with the cutting deck.. i really thought it would be good attach to the frame, but i thought about it and figure it may not be wise.. first i know the kids will be goofing around on it and don't want it to turn on by accident.. although i will have the key to active the deck but why take chances.. second was i want to keep this machine as light as possible for range when not cutting the grass.. so i decided to tow the deck when i need to cut the lawn. so i added some wheels and i will setup the deck with a hitch.. so all i have to do is figure a way to mound the motor to the deck.. so that will be around 150lb. i will tow rather then carry.. the other thing i was thought about was using the pvc boards on the bed.. problem was it weighed around 30lb. so i have a stash of laminated floor and used that for the bed.. weighed a total of 10lb. so i was only a 1/3 of the weight.. it will also be a lot easier to keep clean...so this is what i did yesterday and today.. kind of felt good to finally start working on SCRAP-E again.. here are some pics,,, oh and i went with reflector rather then using lights and sucking juice from the batteries.. i like the way they look.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CIMG3061.JPG
Views:	457
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1239   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3064.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1240   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3055.jpg
Views:	440