EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-12, 01:47 PM   #1
DirtFlinger

Default Howdy from New Mexico

Howdy y'all.

I'm renovating my backyard using planet (and wallet) friendly techniques. We plan on having a sunken root cellar with tire and can/papercrete walls, over which will be an enclosed deck at ground level, over which will be built a glass and plastic bottle sunroom.

I've already learned a lot. But, I have a million questions. I'm looking forward to sharing some pics of the worksite and getting some input. I lucked out and found this forum today, on a topic I've been googling for months!

I dislike all the youtube videos about this topic. I don't seem to be ever shown enough in those videos, in enough detail, for them to be helpful. And, they're a huge drain on time! I could so much more easily and more quickly simply read a decent list of instructions or even a brief walkthrough and learn so much more from it. Pics are great too because they're often specific. But, the vids! Arg. Please don't send me any.

And, what's with all the greedy people trying to mooch money off this topic...? We're building with trash! You either want to help the planet or not.

So anyway, it's great to find this gem of a forum. And, I'm pleased to meet y'all.

I look forward to finally getting some real input on what seems to be a slippery subject.

Old 06-26-12, 08:30 PM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to ER DirtFlinger. It would be great to see pictures of the construction site. We'd also be happy to help where we can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-12, 01:46 PM   #3
DirtFlinger

That would be nice. I wonder how many posts I have to make to be able to upload pics.
Old 07-31-12, 10:34 AM   #4
rogger86

Welcome to the site