EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-10, 12:36 AM   #271
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Hi, I am working on my water to water system. I need 3 ton unit, but they start from 2 ton units and they are not too expensive. I will post link later when system lets me do this

Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 12:40 AM   #272
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I am currently building drilling rig. I decided to build pretty serious machine.
Old 08-25-10, 12:56 AM   #273
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I am using 5 hp electric motor hydraulic pump high torque hydraulic motor to turn the pipe 2” pipe. I am buying real bits for drilling wells on ebay. I built water pump for circulating mud 5hp electric motor as well. I bought serious water swivel on ebay. I just do not want to sit and scratch my had in the middle of the drilling. I want to drill 6 holes each 100-120’ deep and I want to make it for sure.
Old 08-25-10, 01:07 AM   #274
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I decided to use electric motors vs. gas because I do not want to make to much noise and make my neighbors feel angry. And electric motors is easy to control no clutch needed etc.
Old 08-25-10, 01:14 AM   #275
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I saw how AC_Hucker tried to fuse hdpe pipes . You could use other method to connect them you can buy couplings and use socket fusion tool which is 300 new on ebay or you could bid used one for less money. I would not jeopardize the whole project because of faulty weld which is now berried deep in the ground.
Old 08-25-10, 01:21 AM   #276
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I know my drilling rig will cost me about 3000, but the same machine run over 10000. I will document everything make nice video. And sell it later for the same 3000. Plus it is a lot of fun to build things for me.
Old 08-25-10, 01:24 AM   #277
Vlad
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Finally I can post links after 5 posts. Here is a link to the company that sell water to water heat pumps. The smallest is 2 ton. The price is great.

Heat Pump Suppliers.Com
Old 08-25-10, 01:19 PM   #278
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Reasonably priced 2 Ton water-in-water-out heat pumps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
...they start from 2 ton units and they are not too expensive...
I'm very interested in hearing about this.

-AC_Hacker
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 01:58 PM   #279
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Vlad, Good Luck on Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
Finally I can post links after 5 posts. Here is a link to the company that sell water to water heat pumps. The smallest is 2 ton. The price is great.

Heat Pump Suppliers.Com
Vlad,

You're right, $2595 for a 2 Ton GSHP is a good price.

Glad you're choosing water-in-water-out, smart choice. As know (for the benefit of new readers), the Carnot efficiency theorem tells us that the greater 'delta T' we make our heat pump create, the lower the efficiency we will get. With radiant floor (which I am working toward) a working fluid (water) temperature of 90-95 degrees is usual, with 80 degrees being possible with a very well insulated house and a highly-optimized floor design. Compare that to the need to reach temps of about 120F+ with the Air Handler approach.

I'm very interested to see what kind of drilling rig you create! I understand what you mean when you say 'I decided to build pretty serious machine'. I really underestimated what I would need to do my job.

Good luck to you on this project. And don't forget safety. I had a couple of close calls myself. If it is at all possible, it would be very smart to have someone else there working with you... I was working alone when I got into trouble. Things could have easily gotten very bad, but fortunately, nothing too serious as it turned out... I still have my hair, my eyes and all of my fingers.

Best of Luck!

-AC_Hacker

Last edited by AC_Hacker; 08-25-10 at 04:08 PM..
AC_Hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-10, 11:28 PM   #280
greenbean
Lurking Renovator

great job ac!! i have enjoyed this thread alot. since i see you are a great crafter, sounds like you need something for the pipe to lay on, say v shaped with a clamp or to to hold it. now if you could have the heat plate in the center that swings out of the way after heating of course then you could join your pipe and use the clamps to hold them in place so they didnt move. a rubber strap oil filter wrench could be modified i think for this. also maybe have something solid on one end of pipe and on the other end that would put pressure on the pipe to make a good bond between the two. well just an idea, hope it helps in your next creation. lol great job and look forward to seeing more from you.

greenbean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, diy, gshp, heat pump, homemade