EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-18, 01:04 PM   #21
u3b3rg33k
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I put in the original post that the whole thing, which means the air conditioning unit and dryer are going out in the garage and that I was going to duct the cool air into the house and the hot air out of the garage.

I intentionally didn't specify if I was going to run open loop or closed loop. Because I don't know if I want to put 2 holes in the wall. But I will most likely run closed loop

I did not mention that the garage is an addition. It is completely sealed off with an exterior door and storm door and exterior stucco wall.
The garage is unfinished and very drafty. There will be virtually no pulling air pushing air from the garage to the house.
Could you provide a sketch of what you're going to do with the setup? I'm confused as to how (not what) you're going to use the portable AC.

u3b3rg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-18, 09:58 AM   #22
oil pan 4
Land owner

The pushing or pulling air comment refers to unwanted air leakage like you get from running any normal dryer, a single duct portable A/C or a bathroom fan from inside your house.
Running closed loop mean the intended movement of air.
There will be lots of intentional movement of air between the garage and house through the A/C unit, but little to no undesirable or unwanted air leakage or air infiltration.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-18, 03:11 PM   #23
u3b3rg33k
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
The pushing or pulling air comment refers to unwanted air leakage like you get from running any normal dryer, a single duct portable A/C or a bathroom fan from inside your house.
Running closed loop mean the intended movement of air.
There will be lots of intentional movement of air between the garage and house through the A/C unit, but little to no undesirable or unwanted air leakage or air infiltration.
that's what I was hoping you could elaborate on. There's something I think i'm missing in your plan that might be clear to me if you drew it out or explained it in detail.

u3b3rg33k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dryer, heat pump, homemade