EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Tools
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-19, 10:51 AM   #1
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Default I ordered a 4x4 CNC plasma table

I did a fair amount of research looking at build /buy a CNC table. I was close to making one but in the end buying just made more since.
I would have had more money in building one.
I have a lot to learn just in software to use it. It will be about 8 weeks before I get it. They build to order and they just had a sale.

I am getting a water table to keep smoke down and warping to a Min. It has torch height control.
I will be using my new plasma cutter on it. I will have to buy a CNC port board and a machine torch.

Delusional Designs
https://www.delusionaldesignscnc.com...ter_Table.html

I am not sure where our focus will be yet. I will be selling some stuff I cut but I would like to keep the finish and painting part to not much as this is a side business.
I am probably limited to ½” and under cuts. I will add an extension to the table to all put a 4’x8’ sheet on the table. If we like doing this we will buy a table extension to expand this table to 4’x8’ table.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DD.JPG
Views:	2222
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	8649  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 07-09-19 at 08:33 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Fordguy64 (07-09-19)
Old 08-07-19, 09:23 AM   #2
Daox
Administrator

Have you used it yet?

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 04:02 PM   #3
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I actually canceled this one and I am going to order the next model up from this one that uses linear rails better software. It will let you continue from the spot you had a issue. I am going to get the 4 x 8 table as this one is harder to upgrade later. I was able to get a machine torch off Ebay that had been only used once for a killer price. That will help with some costs. But I have to buy a bigger ticket compressor.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 08-07-19, 04:35 PM   #4
Daox
Administrator

Sounds fun. Do you have lifting equipment? A 4x8 sheet of metal can weigh a lot.

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 04:46 PM   #5
dremd
Need More Eco

Send a message via AIM to dremd

Sweet dude!
I have a 4x14 plasma cam setup with a Hypertherm Powermax 45 on it.
What cutter are you planning on running?

If there’s anything you think I might know feel free to hit me up, but as I’m sure you already know Jim Colt is THE authority on small CBC plasma setups.
dremd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dremd For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-07-19)
Old 08-07-19, 04:49 PM   #6
dremd
Need More Eco

I see you are interested in a water table, unless where you are venting to is smoke critical I wouldn’t. I had a water tank in mine and ended up pulling it out because it was a pain to clean and only helped so much.
Old 08-07-19, 05:15 PM   #7
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Sounds fun. Do you have lifting equipment? A 4x8 sheet of metal can weigh a lot.
My subcompact tractor has quick attach pallet forks. It can lift the steel. I also have a hydraulic lift table that I move pinball machines around with that can lift 1,000 pounds.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-07-19)
Old 08-07-19, 05:17 PM   #8
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Yes I getting a water table. The new one I am ordering will come fully assembled. I have a thermodynamics 60i I just bought a 50' machine torch for it.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 08-07-19, 05:19 PM   #9
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dremd View Post
Sweet dude!
I have a 4x14 plasma cam setup with a Hypertherm Powermax 45 on it.
What cutter are you planning on running?

If there’s anything you think I might know feel free to hit me up, but as I’m sure you already know Jim Colt is THE authority on small CBC plasma setups.
What do you mostly cut with yours?

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 08-07-19, 05:30 PM   #10
dremd
Need More Eco

Originally I cut 20, 16, and 12 ga steel.
Now it spends its days cutting.040 ,080, .125 aluminum mainly in 5052

Typically daily cut time is only around 2 hours with run time closer to 2.5 hours. Typically 5 days a week, but that varies by season.