Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-17, 04:42 PM   #11
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by where2 View Post
The Mississippi Power meter fee of $0.78 per day is what hurts the most!!! $23.73 for the courtesy of being attached to their grid!

I have two electric bills, 2000 miles apart. The bill for Florida is $7.87 per month meter fee. The my bill in Maine is $7.31 per month meter fee.

Using the solarpowerrocks grading scales, my states each only rate a "C".

The other kicker in the fine print of the Mississippi Power agreement was the clause "Upon acceptance of this agreement, Customer shall voluntarily transfer their renewable energy credits to the Company". Ok, maybe there's no market for those REC's today, but sooner or later they may become valuable.

I could compute what my equivalent bill would be with my 4.4kW PV array using their math, but it sure incentivizes the Tesla Powerwall strategy when Mississippi Power charges $0.01581 per kWh for using a Net Meter.

I have gave high high thoughts to just going off grid completely only thing is the battery bank being so expensive that it hurts deeply. I only use 15 kws average per day over 3 years so far . But off grid is for a house is higher than im looking.

nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote