EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Introductions
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-16, 07:19 PM   #1
papitohead
Lurking Renovator

Default Here to learn,not to move on

Hello everyone, if you hang around FTA forums, then you will know me. Others, I have been playing with satellite dishes since 1978. Still active in one of the most well known forums. Also like many DIY projects and I am sure with the right tools I will have me a good solar system.

Old 04-13-16, 07:25 AM   #2
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find the info you are seeking.

I went through boot camp and avionics tech school with a guy from Puerto Rico, Jose Rivera. When we graduated, he got his choice of duty station and went straight back home to Roosevelt Roads. Last time I knew, he got a job at Volt Industries, testing and calibrating instrumentation. We did a lot of communications tinkering together. Good times...

What are your goals for a solar collector? Thermal, PV, or both? Between here and builditsolar, there are a ton of working examples to give you ideas.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
papitohead (04-13-16)
Old 04-13-16, 08:07 AM   #3
Daox
Administrator

Welcome to the site.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
papitohead (04-13-16)
Old 04-13-16, 09:15 AM   #4
papitohead
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Welcome to the forums! I hope you find the info you are seeking.

I went through boot camp and avionics tech school with a guy from Puerto Rico, Jose Rivera. When we graduated, he got his choice of duty station and went straight back home to Roosevelt Roads. Last time I knew, he got a job at Volt Industries, testing and calibrating instrumentation. We did a lot of communications tinkering together. Good times...

What are your goals for a solar collector? Thermal, PV, or both? Between here and builditsolar, there are a ton of working examples to give you ideas.
I know a couple of Jose Rivera. One is very young and was not even a cub scout. Another was in the Army Reserve. Worked for me at a factory, move to I believe NJ and while driving home he fell asleep and had an accident with a tractor trailer. Lost a leg and an arm so he moved back here. Roosie Roads closed about years ago. I loved going there to the PX and to the chow hall. Great meals for just $2.

I do have a small farm in Colombia near Cartagena, but selling it to move to nearby Medellin because the weather is 70-75F during the day and 55-65F at nights and that is the whole year. Electricity is very cheap in Colombia because is hydro, but I know that solar will take over in the future. Not sure how I am going to do this, and a reason I am joining forums.

Thanks
Old 04-13-16, 05:14 PM   #5
papitohead
Lurking Renovator

@Geo NR Gee, there is no way I can answer your PM. Perhaps later during the week when I will have the 10 required posts.

Geo NR Gee (04-13-16)