EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 10-03-14, 07:54 AM   #31
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

So for net metering are they still giving one kwh in you het one kwh credit?

Maybe ALEC next target will be passive houses. They are connected to the grid and have very low bills. They are not paying their fair share keeping the grid up am running. Maybe they will promote a low bill fee.

pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 08:17 AM   #32
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
So for net metering are they still giving one kwh in you het one kwh credit?

Maybe ALEC next target will be passive houses. They are connected to the grid and have very low bills. They are not paying their fair share keeping the grid up am running. Maybe they will promote a low bill fee.
I get one for one.

Talking about the dropping cost of solar, I just got this from my wholesaler:

Less than a dollar a watt!
Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	4705  
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 08:21 AM   #33
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The first 40 Canadian solar panels I bought they were on sale @.79 cents a watt shipped.
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 03:48 PM   #34
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

That's fantastic!
Old 10-08-14, 04:58 AM   #35
redneck
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Solar taking over the grid

Here's something to think about...

Sun Tax

Rachel Maddow: Oklahoma’s ‘sun tax’ law means it’s a threat to Koch Brothers’ allies

Quote:
“Maybe this means that alternative energy — like solar energy — is now viable enough to be an actual threat to the bottom line of the oil and gas and coal industries. We say it’s the four stages, right? First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Well, solar has apparently moved on from being ignored or laughed at, and now they’re fighting it.”

So, is this where it's all headed...???

The Solar Powered Death Spiral For Utilities Begins – In Hawaii

Which, has already lead to this...

Quote:
With their dread power that will "destabilize" the power consumption (if not disappear), someone against what logic dictates, has proposed burying the photovoltaic industry (now it is more necessary than ever) in a bottomless pit, [sometime in 2010 someone has decided to privatize the sun .... yes yes you read correctly, in Spain totally unlike Europe, a toll who generate electricity is imposed and injected to the line ... instead of receiving a profit, but that's not all, if you get caught collecting photons of sunlight for your own use you can drop a fine of 30 million euros. Such as if it were a drug. Commit the sacrilege of being independent can be very expensive energy, the sun is now only for the privileged few and electric companies in which directors are of ex-presidents and ex-ministers dualistic ppsoe party.

Click on the below link.

Google Translate

>

Last edited by redneck; 10-08-14 at 05:02 AM..
redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-14, 08:58 AM   #36
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Again, if you want to see the future look into the past, the further back you look the further ahead you see. Technology dictates history, the Atomic Bomb, Tesla's AC motor, Ford's assembly line, the automobile, etc., etc.

What AFP wants is to maintain control of energy by stifling PV payback. I think it can only work for a short while, solar is so good, and with the world watching countries like China or Germany selling power to France, single point grid power is in real trouble.

Rob
Old 10-08-14, 09:04 AM   #37
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Did you read this from the same source?

The recent aggressive bidding under state policies for solar power generation has made solar on somewhat equal footing with coal and this is a remarkable situation in India. Presently the average price of grid electricity traded is about 5 INR5/kWh (0.07 €/kWh) to 12 INR/kWh (0.17 €/kWh). India Energy Exchange reported electricity prices are sailing northwards on the exchanges, touching as high as 12 INR/kWh in recent weeks.

The latest bids for solar power called by Tamil Nadu state in southern India witnessed the lowest bid at 6.48 INR/kWh (0.09 €/kWh). The tariff for commercial establishments in the same state is 7 INR/kWh (0.1 €/kWh) so almost at grid parity. Another example is Rajasthan state in western India where the lowest bid received was 6.45 INR/kWh (0.09 €/kWh). The highest tariff rate for commercial power in this state is 5.5 INR/kWh (0.08 €/kWh).

The state of Maharashtra in western India has the highest tariff for commercial establishments at 10.9 INR/kWh (0.16 €/kWh) and solar power is already feasible in this state.

This turnaround is made possible thanks to the National Solar Mission announced in January 2010 by the federal government. It was then anticipated that by 2016 India would achieve grid parity, but now it seems that it may be much faster and is in the offing.
Old 12-28-14, 02:42 PM   #38
frazelle09
World peace is inevitable

"They're starting to use it in wind now to capture gusts and I have a couple of magazine articles coming out using supercaps in applications."

Please let us know when they come out so we can read them. Thanks and have a super afternoon!
frazelle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-15, 03:35 AM   #39
oil pan 4
Land owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robaroni View Post
I thought about pellets but haven't researched the environmental impact and cost.

Rob
After telling my parents in maine to get a wood stove or wood pellet heater (since 1999) in 2012 they finely got a wood pellet stove. My dad says $500 in wood pellets is saving them at least $2000 a year in fuel oil.
Too bad they didn't think of doing that 13 years ago .

Wood pellets are made from as much recycled mill saw dust and wood scraps, as possible. Whats not to love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffGridKindaGuy View Post
I considered pellets myself but moisture and storage issues stopped that. If they draw moisture, they fall apart...
The wood pellets come sealed in bags. They live in Maine and keep the bags out side and not covered in any way. If anyone was going to have a pellet moisture problem they would be the ones to have it.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-15, 08:06 AM   #40
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
After telling my parents in maine to get a wood stove or wood pellet heater (since 1999) in 2012 they finely got a wood pellet stove. My dad says $500 in wood pellets is saving them at least $2000 a year in fuel oil.
Too bad they didn't think of doing that 13 years ago .

Wood pellets are made from as much recycled mill saw dust and wood scraps, as possible. Whats not to love?

The wood pellets come sealed in bags. They live in Maine and keep the bags out side and not covered in any way. If anyone was going to have a pellet moisture problem they would be the ones to have it.
Thanks for the heads up! Good to know.

Rob