EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Tools
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-16, 01:49 PM   #1
oil pan 4
Land owner

Default Generator for powering home, charging electric vehicles or welder

Got a new generator.
It's a generac 17,500w rated 26kw surge.
The engine is a 922cc, 30 hp V-twin with a straight keyed shaft (typically generator engines have tapered shafts that can only be used with a generator).
That means it's more powerful than the vast majority of engine driven welding machines. Or if I don't like using it as a generator I could build it into something else.

I figure I will use this to power my 240v stick welder, plasma cutter, plus air compressor and for power outage backup power now, then in the future I may use it as on road power for an electric vehicle of my own design.

My 7kw troybilt can't power my plasma cutter at full power and can only run my stick welder at about half power.
This 17.5kw machine can power my stick welder at full power or run my plasma cutter at full power and power the air compressor feeding the plasma cutter.
Or should be able to power any single phase electric vehicle charger on the market, maybe 2 of them.
Then still be able to run everything else in the house, aside from the electric clothes dryer.

I will need to ecomod it a little bit. From what I am finding it sucks down between 1 and 1.3 gallons of gas per hour.

oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air compressor, electric vehicle, gas powered, generator, welder