EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-15, 12:35 AM   #31
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

With all this action on the thread, I pulled 5 hard drives from some old computers and a couple of case fans into the shop. As soon as I get some free time, I will be trying to duplicate the first video.

Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Geo NR Gee For This Useful Post:
ecomodded (01-24-15)
Old 02-19-15, 09:25 AM   #32
natethebrown
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I think the problem in this thread is people's definition of "perpetual motion." It seems like one definition is a machine that will "go on and on," while the other is the traditional "energy in < energy out." Is that a correct assessment?
natethebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-15, 12:43 PM   #33
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

It sure was fun trying to duplicate the video. From the deconstruction of the hard drives to finding and installing the magnets on the the donor fan, I learned something. I have a lot of accumulated stuff! I was not able to duplicate the video with the magnets I have, nor from what I read, will I be able to.

Natethebrown, I don't know about that, but since I was a little boy, I was curious how things worked. Today, I realize I miss my dad. He has been gone for 10 years or more.

He inspired me by doing the little things he did. I haven't cried in years... He was always coming up with something that sparked my brother and my interest. I just never realized it until today. Thank you for stirring the thoughts.

My dad did things like when he took a magnet almost the size of a dinner plate and made the screen on the Television distort. It was incredible. Or how he took a magnet and held it under the table with one hand and moved the spoon across the table. Plus hundreds of others.

His endless lessons of fun and inspirational gimmicks, jokes, and experiments make me who I am today. Very Curious.

I see a solar cell wired to a fan and when light is shown on it, it turns. Or the belief that digging a hole in the ground putting a couple of pipes down it will allow you to harvest heat from the ground in such an efficient way.

If I stop being curious, then I must be in a vegetative state or .........Old?

Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote