EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-20, 11:17 AM   #31
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I am about done making changes after these changes.
I might still powder coat it later this winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 08:50 AM   #32
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I needed special water proof connectors for my brakes the cut off the motor when you hit the brakes.
The place I bought the controller wanted $20 a set and I need two of them.

I found a guy on ebay that was selling them for $5 much better.
I have a plastic box for the controller coming it is the last item. They created a shipping label a week ago but have net shipped it.
It is only coming on state away they assure me they will send it. The company is in China.

I may have to make one. I could easily make one but the side business is taking a lot of my extra time.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 12-23-20, 02:58 PM   #33
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I now have 450 miles on my eBike. The new mods will probably wait until after the new year.
I will get to take the bike to the beach over the holidays. I am looking forward to new places to ride.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 12-24-20, 09:57 AM   #34
Daox
Administrator

Wow, thats quite good. Do you have an idea of the kwh/mile you get vs the Volt?

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-20, 10:20 AM   #35
Wanna Beco
Helper EcoRenovator

Wait... why are you replacing the Motor.?.. I know Bafang has a good rep, but this seems like you are spending your way to a bike that you could have just paid more for and got what you wanted? Or did you need to experiment?

I am a heavy guy and the shocks made for someone heavy is a good idea. Looking forward to more updates.
Wanna Beco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-20, 08:37 AM   #36
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Wow, thats quite good. Do you have an idea of the kwh/mile you get vs the Volt?
The ebike differs in power used so much. Hills make a huge difference. How much you pedal makes so much difference.

@Wanna Beco

Before I bought the ebike I never even worked on a regular bike and did not know anything about ebikes. I really did not know what I wanted or how I would want to use the ebike. I just knew some features I thought were needed and I did not want to spend a crazy amount on it.
Now I see how much I am using it I am ok with changing it to be what I want.
Most people would just put the new controller on my current motor. Others have with decent results.
My side business is doing better than I thought it would so I ok with splurging a little on my ebike.
Do I need to swap out motor no. But I want to. Down the road I will probably add a second battery.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (12-28-20)
Old 03-08-21, 03:46 PM   #37
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The weather is starting to warm up. I can get out and ride more often.
I now have over 600 miles on my bike.

I got my first flat tire the other day. luckily I was a few hundred feet from home.
I do carry a tube patch kit and a small air pump with me. but I would rather not repair it on the side of the road.

I bought some slime to put in the tires.
I ordered some Tannus tire inserts. They allow you to run flat a short distance without hurting the rim. They also help protect form getting flats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tannus.JPG
Views:	762
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	9241  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 03-10-21 at 08:19 AM..
Old 05-18-21, 02:29 PM   #38
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

My headset got loose I should have noticed sooner, and it messed up the bearings in the headset. I ordered replacement bearings $8 later I had two sets and I was back to riding.
It is funny as soon as I road it after replacing the bearings I was like how did not notice that sooner.

I used Loctite on the headset nut so hopefully it will not loosen again.
I now have 750 miles on my bike. The weather is better now so I should be able to get more miles on it this summer.

This was todays ride.

Now faster times are only a little faster.
My adv time has increased. My hill speed has greatly increased.

This is the ride I do most days. It is from my house on some back roads that do not get much traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inCollage_20210505_143730856.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	506.9 KB
ID:	9316   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210518-153443_Strava.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	9317  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 05-22-21 at 10:52 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (05-18-21)
Old 06-28-21, 12:22 PM   #39
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

812 miles on the bike. I want to do some mods to it, but the side business sucks up all my extra time.
Maybe in the winter I will get back to the bike mods. I am getting out a little more. It is so hot now I have to ride the first thing in the morning.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 03-29-22, 10:45 AM   #40
Scotty2k
Lurking Renovator

Default Looking for same controller

Hi to all from Germany .. i dont have the same bike (mine is a Vivi) but i have the same Controller .. could you please !! tell me where i can get it ?

Mine is damaged and i couldnīt find a controller which fit to this bike

With best regards !!

Scotty2k is offline   Reply With Quote