EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-11, 07:14 AM   #1
energywisemfg

Default Interior storm windows

I just wanted to show people the double glazed interior storm windows we manufacture so I attached a few photos customer's have sent us. By having the double glazing your energy savings will be 40% to 60% my customers tell me. Condensation, drafts, cold spots in rooms,dust and some noise is eliminated or greatly reduced. Compression fitted, no tools are required to install. You'll re-use these for many decades of winter weather. Got questions, give us a call or e-mail.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 047.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	1877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 080.jpg
Views:	1725
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1878  
Old 11-22-11, 07:31 AM   #2
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

Please post some details of the construction.
Like how you are able to attach two layers of plastic to the frames?

Since there are a lot of DIYers here, we would be interested to know
if your company sells compete DIY kits, or maybe just the un-cut frames with corner and other frame parts?
Old 11-22-11, 07:52 AM   #3
energywisemfg

Default Two Layers

Putting two layers, or double glazing is accomplished by attaching the film to both sides of the aluminum frame, that way we get a 1/2" dead air space for insulating benefits. Thanks for asking, hope that answered your question. Good to hear from you Easterners, just FedExed a bunch of our interior storm windows out your way yesterday.
Eugene

Last edited by energywisemfg; 11-22-11 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Wrong word
Old 11-22-11, 08:37 AM   #4
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

The window I want to put something like this on is 52" wide and 62" tall, can you do that without center bracing, how do you ship something that big and what is a ball park cost?
I imagine that there are plenty of other folks out there with old big windows that have the same issue, in my house we replaced all of the windows other then the 3 largest pitcher windows and those 3 are the cold spots.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-11, 09:00 AM   #5
energywisemfg

Default Interior Storms

Ryland,
Good questions, can we build them (52"X62") without a muntin bar in the center, the short answer is, NO! Here's the long answer, most, not all picture windows are divided into sections with vertical or horizontal dividers and we have the customer measure the location of those and we simply build the interior storms so that the muntins align perfectly with the picture window dividers. Price, about $85 each. Shipping usually FedEx, the ones I shipped to Vermont yesterday were 6 windows of 53"X37" and that cost was $54 total. If you are anywhere near us we try like heck to arrange to meet 1/2 way or something reasonable, example this weekend we've got 34 going to the Wausau area we'll meet that buyer north of Portage and charge him $35 for our trip. Our quest is to help people save money through energy conservation, shipping is part of that, consequently we work hard to cut expenses every way possible. Hope this helps answer your 3 questions.

Eugene 563-542-2134