EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-15, 10:35 AM   #11
marx290
Vapor Compression Goon

Send a message via Yahoo to marx290

Thanks Kurt! I'll keep it in mind. I'd like to make convergent / divergent motive nozzles, but it's a tall order at these small sizes. I might try choking down a larger piece of cap tube, but will likely end up sticking to fixed orifices. An interchangeable nozzle head might be just the thing. Thanks again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
marx290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-15, 12:30 PM   #12
marx290
Vapor Compression Goon

Send a message via Yahoo to marx290

Hey all! I've been busy in the shop; no time to write! The ejector project is coming along nicely. To date, the highest compression I've achieved is about 10 psi, but that was at a fairly low mass entrainment ratio, indicated by a starved evaporator.

In the last two or three weeks, I've been constructing a flooded evaporator - separator tank, and have recently begun evaluating it, and its operation with the ejectors.

I need to sit down, do some writing, and get my thoughts in order. Right now, I'm at a point where I've achieved fairly stable operation of the flooded evaporator, with very little surging. Testing some larger primary motive nozzles has resulted in lower Delta T at the evaporator, and a smoother thermosiphoning flow. Compression is down around 3 to 4 psi, but at least it's stable.

It has become apparent that controlling the flow at the motive nozzle of the ejector, changes the delta T's throughout the system, changes the compression ratio of the compressor, alters the mass flow rate, and potentially allows the variation of heat pump capacity, without starving or flooding an evaporator. If I'm right, an adjustable ejector (when used with flooded evaporators) allows for the capacity of a heat pump to be adjusted, without altering the compressor speed.

I keep finding new reasons to like ejectors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
marx290 is offline   Reply With Quote