EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Other Improvements
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-16, 09:05 PM   #1
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Default SuntoWater Technologies

This company said they can capture moisture from the air and produce 40 to 100 drinkable water per day. Pictures and story here: With new water generators, Carrollton startup can unlock the ocean above your head | Dallas Morning News

It seems like an Ecorenovator could come up with a look-a-like! Right now I am producing 5 gallons (probably not drinkable?) every two days with my heat pumps.

The SuntoWater would be good for my lawn and garden. We are not on a septic system, so I get a sewer bill equal in the amount of water that I use and even though I am putting it back in the ground. I guess they want the water back really bad..........

Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 08:56 PM   #2
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

40 to 100 what? ounces? liters? cups?

Reading the article, it's gallons. This looks eerily like the desiccant dehumidifier idea tied to a dehumidifier of some sort. Can't say we didn't discuss this before here. I don't think the thing would cost 9000 dollars to build. Not even for Jurassic park.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 11:40 AM   #3
CrankyDoug
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Outside of east Texas, most places that have plenty of humidity also have plenty of rain. (Seattle comes to mind.)

Rainwater makes the best coffee. I wait until the roof is well rinsed and put a stock pot under a runoff point. A little bit of PVC and hacking would fill an IBC from one rain shower. It looks like a $100 project if one were so inclined.

HVAC and dehumidifier condensates are definitely not drinkable as they are always contaminated with bacteria and mold.

Doug
CrankyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote