EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Biofuels
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-12, 07:03 PM   #11
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

I'm just saying that a rocket stove doesn't have to be as fancy as the grill I built.....

I'm starting to get notorious for bad self-portraits....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 07:59 PM   #12
Skywoolf
Lurking Renovator

Is there a reason why the pictures are not showing up for me or are they no longer available?
Skywoolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 08:22 PM   #13
bennelson
Home-Wrecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywoolf View Post
Is there a reason why the pictures are not showing up for me or are they no longer available?
It's because Apple Macintosh is mean and stupid. They offer some sort of software services that mesh really well with their software, and then a couple years later, just say "Oh sorry, even though you have a million photos posted there, we aren't going to offer those services any more"

I'm still upset with them. They did the same thing a few years ago with their web page software.

Now I am working on posting all my photos through my own dedicated web host, but it is SO much less convenient. But hey, at least I am not going to go out and shut down my photos!

I'll try to get these photos shifted over to my web server as I can. (I have about three years worth of photography to do though!) Sorry about that!

bennelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-12, 04:56 AM   #14
Skywoolf
Lurking Renovator

Aha. I understand where you are coming from. I was thinking I had to make most posts to qualify or something.

They just caught me out with upgrades. I upgraded my iMac and MacPro and my wife's MacBookAir to Lion then said OK to move all my data to the cloud from the iDisk. Then when I tried to upgrade my MacBookPro I got a message saying it can't be updated to Lion so now I can't have all my data automatically synched between the MacBookPro and the other Macs.
Old 07-05-12, 05:19 AM   #15
Skywoolf
Lurking Renovator

Actually I joined this forum because I want to make a slightly ambitious rocket stove and I am not quite sure where to start.

It is very common here in the Philippines, especially outside the city to have a "dirty kitchen". This is an outside kitchen where they cook over a wood fire. I am fortunate that my helpers actually prefer to cook with a wood fire.

As I am developing a self sustaining environment I really don't want to be using electricity or bottled gas if I don't have to. I did plan to make a solar water heater but we are 2,000 feet above sea level on a mountain so I realized we get too many cloudy days for it to be efficient even though we are in the tropics. Sorry I am rambling

What I want to do now is the build a "dirty kitchen" with a rocket stove that will be big enough to have up to three or four pots cooking at the same time and a rocket oven adjoining them. Also and this is a biggie, I want a built in boiler to heat hot water that will be piped to the hot water tank I am installing in the attic of the house. All of the BBQ type grill (for the pots) and the oven should be able to heat the water in the boiler.

If anyone has any ideas on how to integrate all this I would love to hear suggestions.

Last edited by Skywoolf; 07-05-12 at 05:23 AM..

Tags
cooking, oven, rocket, stove, wood