EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-13, 02:35 PM   #1
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Default $56.55

We received our first electric bill since I started playing with & latter using the MS HP . The majority of the weather has been mild .

The gas bill was around $ 45 . We have a gas kitchen range & water heater . I have a gas panel ray heater in the " computer " room . And a gas heater in the bath room . We fired up the gas central furnace a couple of times .

Been using the MS HP for the living & dining room . The gas heater in the bath , additionally helps warm the hall & our bed room . The panel ray the " computer room " ans occasionally the kitchen . But mostly just the " computer " room , when I am using that room .

All of the above are off a considerable amount of time , depending on the OAT ( Outside Air temperature ) .

God bless
Wyr

WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 02:40 PM   #2
Daox
Administrator

How does this compare to previous years/bils?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-13, 06:47 PM   #3
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
How does this compare to previous years/bils?
Very good question . I can go on line and pull up December 2012 electric bill . As far back as I can go , online . It was $ 60.40 . ( Part of that would have been to power the fan , last year , of the central furnace . )

Do not know about the gas . Would physically have to dig up the dead tree bills for gas .

May look into registering with the gas company , online ? To access our account , like I am doing the electricity ?

God bless
Wyr
Old 11-18-13, 09:12 PM   #4
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

OK Wyrtwister

I'm confused.?? What are you trying to say? what are you comparing what to?? As well After sometime, thinking long and hard, MS HP, MS HP mmm, oh yes Mini-Split Heat Pump. When using acronyms please use them once at-least in the paragraph first.

So is running your MS-HP less expensive or with the gas you use still is a wash?? I don't understand. what your trying to say.

Thanks Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-13, 04:25 AM   #5
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by randen View Post
OK Wyrtwister

I'm confused.?? What are you trying to say? what are you comparing what to?? As well After sometime, thinking long and hard, MS HP, MS HP mmm, oh yes Mini-Split Heat Pump. When using acronyms please use them once at-least in the paragraph first.

So is running your MS-HP less expensive or with the gas you use still is a wash?? I don't understand. what your trying to say.

Thanks Randen
MS - Mini Split

HP - Heat Pump

I am not really sure the HP is going to lower my gas bill ? It only serves 2 rooms . So the rest of the house will be heated with gas , one way or another .

But , until it gets really cold , I am hoping to keep the central furnace off as much as I can .

Right now , the jury is still out . I am still testing & trying to gather info .

God bless
Wyr