EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-15, 05:54 AM   #1
house4u
Lurking Renovator

Default DIY thermal differential controller of house4u (Viktor)

Hi, my name is Viktor. I have made my solar hot water pump controller based on Arduino. And it is free. Here are the instructions Hot water solar controller. Solar controller with your own hands. Part 1. and brief project description House4u solar project - make hot water solar controller DIY! My motherlang is not English, so maybe translation is not so good

If you have any questions about my hot water solar system or my controller - i may answer and explain here.

My controller

My solar system

house4u is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to house4u For This Useful Post:
buffalobillpatrick (03-02-15)
Old 02-24-15, 06:45 PM   #2
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Awesome project, house4u! This looks a lot like the units people are assembling on the general purpose heat pump controller thread. This rig is a little more packed with gadgets than most of the units described. How has it been doing for you? Have you gathered much energy and heated much space with the solar collectors?
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 10:33 AM   #3
house4u
Lurking Renovator

Thank you. Yes, solar hotwater controller looks like an constructor - you have to connect all parts togather according to instructions and upload the firmware. And you will get many functions and low price. The functions are: Menu, configuration, Antilegionella, SD log of data, Frost protection, Bypass and others... Price of all components for me is about $35 - it should be very cheep for most of you.

My solar sysytem works even if there is -16C on the street (3.2F) For now, from November to current day 25th of Fab it produced about 1400 kWh or about 1.4 mWh Actually i have online monitor of my sysytem and archive of all temperatures, but it is not in english. I may try to translate it too. My heating space is about 160m2 for now and i use gas if there is no sun.

Online monitor (not English) Now is night in Ukraine so system does not work but produced almost 23 kWh today.

Old picture of online monitor with -16.6C (2.12F) street temparature.

Old 02-25-15, 11:13 AM   #4
sunspot
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Fascinating. If you have the time and are willing to go to the effort to describe the rest of your system I would certainly be interested in hearing what you've done. Looks impressive.
sunspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 12:21 PM   #5
house4u
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspot View Post
Fascinating. If you have the time and are willing to go to the effort to describe the rest of your system I would certainly be interested in hearing what you've done. Looks impressive.
Thanks. It is better to ask questions and i will answer here. I do not know what i have to describe. All steps of creation of my solar sysytem i have described on my website but articles are not in english. You may try to use translate.google.com. And there are many images on my site which no need to be translated.
Old 02-25-15, 02:46 PM   #6
house4u
Lurking Renovator

I have translated online monitor - so you may see how it works in real time. But i think 8 hrs of time difference makes it hard. Also you can use data archive.

BTW - if you have any translation improvements - please inform me For example did i use correct words as 'production' (produced energy in kWh) and 'case' (box of collector)
Old 02-25-15, 05:11 PM   #7
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

The Russian language pages translate well enough to understand with the translator built into chrome. Do you have source code for the firmware? All I saw on the website cited was a hex file that I assume is already compiled.

I second the suggestion that the rest of your system is interesting. You should start a thread in the solar heating forum that not only links to this thread, but describes the rest of your solar heating install. Besides driving traffic to your website, it would expose your accomplishments to a whole new, English speaking audience. There sure are a whole lot of driving factors that are taken for granted on your side of the world that have yet to leave the fringe area in America.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 01:45 AM   #8
house4u
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
The Russian language pages translate well enough to understand with the translator built into chrome. Do you have source code for the firmware? All I saw on the website cited was a hex file that I assume is already compiled.
That is good but online monitor does not work after google translation. I do not want to put the source code so that's why i provide hex file only which is absolutely free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
I second the suggestion that the rest of your system is interesting. You should start a thread in the solar heating forum that not only links to this thread, but describes the rest of your solar heating install. Besides driving traffic to your website, it would expose your accomplishments to a whole new, English speaking audience. There sure are a whole lot of driving factors that are taken for granted on your side of the world that have yet to leave the fringe area in America.
Thanks - this is a new thread http://ecorenovator.org/forum/solar-...4u-viktor.html

Last edited by house4u; 02-26-15 at 03:02 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to house4u For This Useful Post:
buffalobillpatrick (03-02-15)
Old 03-02-15, 04:06 PM   #9
buffalobillpatrick
Master EcoRenovator

Great Job !!! Best tutorial of this type that I have seen !!!

buffalobillpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote