EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-09, 02:49 PM   #12
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowbodies View Post
Quote:
The reselling price is currently at 0.57187€/kWh, so the income for the first year should be around 1813€ (2284$ at 1,2595$/€).
Whoa! Is that number correct or is that a typo? At current exchange rates, that is 9 times what I pay per KWh (I pay $0.10 per KWh).
This isn't a typo

I'm buying electricity at the following rates :
  • 0.0673€/kWh in off peak hours (10:30 PM to 6:30 AM in my region) and
  • 0.1106€/kWh in peak hours.

I'm selling all the electricity I'm producing at the following rates (I signed my contract in Nov. 2008) :
  • 0.31193€/kWh for non-integrated installations and
  • 0.57187€/kWh for integrated installations.

Our system is integrated as it permits a faster pay back, add a real value to the house and we didn't had 25m² (225 sqft) in the garden without any shade. The pay back is important as this is a very big investment (our biggest one after the house) and we don't want to block our other projects during too long, the credit tax helps too.

The selling rates are changed every year and are based upon 2 price indexes, 1 of which is based upon energy price. The integrated rate was 0.55€/kWh 2 years ago, so it's a 2%/year increase. For all contracts signed before end of 2009, these rates are reactuated every year based upon these 2 price indexes during 20 years.
The rates for contracts signed after 2009 are unknown as the law is for the 2006-2009 period. We don't know what ERDF (who's buying my production) will do in 20 years (continue or not to buy and at which rates), but by then the installation will have been refunded (nearly twice) so free & clean electricity will be great.

These rates are high in France as all European countries will have to have a certain percentage of renewable energy in 2012 and we are late compare to other countries.

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, solar