EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-15, 05:29 AM   #1
dhnhatthe
Banned

Default AntiochOG's Quest to Save Energy

I'm starting this thread as a way to track both my energy usage, and the steps I'm taking to reduce it.

Background:
I live in Corvallis, Oregon in a fourplex built in 1964. My unit is 832 square ft. and located in the middle so I share walls with neighbors on two sides. There are 3 bedrooms and one bathroom. I live here alone 4 nights a week, and my 4 year old daughter lives here too the other 3 nights. The heat is electric baseboard with separate thermostats for each bedroom, and one for the main living area. The bathroom has a small in wall electric heater. The oven and range are electric as are the washer/dryer, and water heater which has 2 4500 watt elements. The roof is flat and white, and there isn't enough room for it possibly have very much insulation inside. There are 3 large single pane sliding glass doors, 1 other single pane window that is about 3x6 feet, and 3 skylights. I replaced all the light bulbs with CFL's the first week I moved in over 4 years ago.

Energy Usage:
I've been able to look up all my electric bills dating back to August of 2008. Because the number of days per billing month varies I've broken them down into average number of kwh used per day.

dhnhatthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-15, 02:34 AM   #2
JimiQ
Lurking Renovator

Any news on energy saving front?

JimiQ is offline   Reply With Quote