EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-12, 09:29 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Adjusting furnace gas regulator?

I just fired up the furnace for the first time this year. I did the normal simple maintenance of putting in a new filter, and vacuuming up the inside bits. I also observed it as it started up for the first time this year. The fan motor sounds good, but the flame has a bit too much yellow/orange in it. I know in general when burning natural gas yellow/orange means inefficient combustion. So, I went an grabbed my camera and took a short video.

I'm really hoping that someone can help me adjust the gas regulator as that is what I assume needs to be adjusted. When I first purchased the house I did have a buddy who does HVAC work come and check it out and he did adjust the gas regulator a tiny bit at that point. I believe he used a manometer to measure the pressure. Is this the way things NEED to be done?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote