EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-17, 08:58 AM   #81
WyrTwister
Master EcoRenovator

In standard residential split system central heat pump systems , the heat strip may be turned on during defrost to prevent colt air from being blown into the room .

I think our 2 MS HP's just run the indoor fan , very slowly during defrost .

As I said , neither have resistance heat . And they wewe both bottom line ( in cost ) or close to bottom line units .

Best of luck to you , :-)
Wyr
God bless

WyrTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 10:36 AM   #82
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

That feature is nice it could be replicated using a electric heater and a temperature controller , when the temp probe senses cold air it could be set to kick on a electric heater via its circuit to keep some heat output going threw defrost. It would at least add heat to the room during the period.

With that being said I ordered a inkbird 308 temperature controller that I will use this winter to control a ventilation fan and run a electric heater when the heat pump is in its off mode.

Doing it this way will allow the heat pump (crappy portable one) to be left at a lower setting to stave off defrost cycles in cold weather.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-17, 10:13 PM   #83
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Fix for the auxiliary heat

Fix for that pesky auxiliary heat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-17, 09:51 PM   #84
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Well next week the mini will be getting a brutal workout . It is supposed to dip into the teens here in ms . Strange weather were having . The mini performed flawless during the winter snow we had. If anyone is looking into buying a mini split . I have the figures on how i sized mine back on page 4. If anyone has a better cheaper way let me in on it As most know the higher the hspf rating the more efficient it will be at putting out heat.
nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 09:11 PM   #85
nokiasixteth
Journeyman EcoRenovator

So its goin to look like i will be heating my other half of my place with mini split. I really dont want to use that inefficient oil heater but looks like i will have to bring the old thing out and sit it in my living room and shut off each room to get a reading and avg temp. Hopefully i will be able to do that around march . I have been having to heat it with wood for the past week or so . Its been awful cold .

nokiasixteth is offline   Reply With Quote