EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-18, 09:00 AM   #71
Daox
Administrator

This is where I bought mine from. Ridiculously reasonable price.

https://www.lightinthebox.com/creali...ml?prm=1.5.1.1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 11:45 AM   #72
celblazer
Helper EcoRenovator

Just bought a Anet A8 as my first printer from lightinthebox last month and love it. Fast shipping and great price from them.
celblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-18, 07:29 AM   #73
Daox
Administrator

Nice! What kind of stuff have you been making?

I primarily use mine to make car parts.

&
Old 01-26-18, 10:13 AM   #74
celblazer
Helper EcoRenovator

Fun stuff for the family, 3D heart puzzle, lego blocks with names, Yoda shot glasses as xmas gifts and printer upgrades. Last print was a whistle that works very well. Making a save the Unicorn game this weekend for my daughter. Last week we printed nail polish shelf brackets for her. She pulled up a chair and was mesmerized watching them print. She has a million Barbie things picked out to print. LOL

Want to try a lithograph.

Printer was fun to build. Didn't take much to get it dialed in. I just switched to a glass bed and need to get the first layer dialed in.
Old 02-12-18, 11:46 AM   #75
Daox
Administrator

Sounds good. I just got mine up and running about a week or so ago. I LOVE the big print bed vs my old one, and I'm already trying out new materials. I have a 16 hour print that should have just finished an hour ago in PETG. Previously I pretty much exclusively made everything in ABS.

Here was my weekend project though. The curly pieces are legs. I printed out little leaves for it later on.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180210_132859238_HDR.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	8154  

&
Old 02-13-18, 11:36 AM   #76
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Is this VD day printing?

I think you will like PETG I have a 6.6 pound of it right now and have been printing a lot with it lately. PETG is very strong.

Bed 70 C print head 255 C this new roll I need to adjust the head temp down a little.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 03-20-20 at 03:48 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-18, 12:08 PM   #77
Daox
Administrator

Yep. I got it all assembled the other day. It turned out pretty good. I did have a heck of a time getting superglue to stick the pieces together though. I ended up going with a jewelry glue that my wife has used to make things with. Odd since my googling on gluing PLA (thats what that is) says that superglue works great.

&
Old 03-26-18, 10:08 PM   #78
NiHaoMike
Supreme EcoRenovator

Just put together my first 3D printer - a Prusa mk3 - last weekend. Now researching how to build a small HRV since it makes a bad smell when in use. (And that's just PLA, I read that ABS will stink far more...)
Old 03-26-18, 10:38 PM   #79
celblazer
Helper EcoRenovator

Hmm can't even smell PLA printing except for wood which smells great.

Some people say PLA can smell sweet from the corn/sugar plant used to make it but I never picked up any odor.
Old 12-15-19, 09:33 AM   #80
Daox
Administrator

Here is the latest project. My wife loves to collect rocks and I suggested we 3d print her a rock tumbler. She liked the idea, so this is what I drew up. My father in law even had just recently given me a bag full of small gear motors which will be perfect for this application. The bearings I also have on hand from a previous project.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumbler.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	8771  

&
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
pinballlooking (12-15-19)