EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 02-18-13, 05:50 PM   #41
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Xringer I watched that Link, with the Statistics and the reference to Paris Hilton popularity`s being higher then Congress`s Popularity, is a sign Of the End of The country.
Funny as hell that was, Yet pathetic to think it could be or is true.
The rest was Shocking, More Proof as it would seem To have NO faith in their Science.
Talk about incompetent, You go right ahead and Believe your Government, Exeric, its your funeral. I hear the drums , its the funeral precession and its coming fast.

I think they are trying to make a mad dash for other peoples money, that's what may really be going on.

Last edited by ecomodded; 02-18-13 at 06:04 PM..
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 06:12 PM   #42
Exeric
Apprentice EcoRenovator

You are right: up is down and down is up. It's all a conspiracy by the government. I'll let the data I've presented stand for itself and let others who read this whole thread decide for themselves. You are showing a simplistic attitude that any government (Canadian?..) at all levels is monolithically against the individual. It is much more complex than just denigrating the messenger.

At some point one just has to step back from any argument and trust that the jury, the broad human population, will see where the truth lies between the two sides. I'm finished with this, and though there's more evidence to be brought, there seems little point in bringing more evidence if you take the attitude you are taking. So, I'm out of here.
Exeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-13, 06:24 PM   #43
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

What did you think I was All for Government control.

I Salute you for your dedication to a sinking ship.
blub blub blub..Global warming Debate.

CO2 Credit Exchange Opens in Texas

The Texas Climate & Carbon Exchange, which allows companies to voluntarily offset emissions by buying credits, opened Thursday in Austin through a partnership with Australia-based Carbon Trade Exchange.

TCCX opened with one client, the city of Beppu, Japan, Dallas Morning News reported. The exchange doesn’t yet have any customers who want to sell carbon credits, DMN reported.

Carbon Trade Exchange, which has more than 145 members in 22 countries, will provide the electronic trading platform technology and infrastructure to TCCX. The Texas exchange will offer a lower membership fee than exchanges in countries that regulate greenhouse gases.

Texas emits more greenhouse gases than any other state, according to EPA data. The exchange will provide brokerage services for Texas companies and allow these business to offset their emissions and become carbon-neutral, CTX said.

The Texas exchange will promote the origination as well as the selling and purchasing of carbon credits on the CTX global exchange platform. The carbon credits being traded will originate from projects in Texas as well as the rest of the United States and the world.

Carbon credit exchanges and emissions derivatives schemes have opened with mixed success in other regions of the United States.

Financial markets firm Intercontinental Exchange Inc. announced in August 2011 that it would shut down its emissions derivatives trading platform Chicago Climate Futures Exchange. The Chicago exchange, which was losing money, closed due to lack of demand and uncertainty over whether the government would adopt a federal carbon reduction plan.

ICE has since launched 21 over-the-counter North American emissions contracts, which mirror products lost when the futures exchange closed. The products include derivative linked to emissions reductions plans in California, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Connecticut.

As the Chicago exchange floundered, GreenX and ICE launched futures contracts tied to the California carbon market. The California Carbon Allowance opened in August 2011, one month earlier than planned due to strong customer demand and increasing over-the-counter activity. California’s cap-and-trade system sets limits on carbon emissions starting this year, with enforcement starting in 2013.

http://www.environmentalleader.com/2...pens-in-texas/

Last edited by ecomodded; 02-18-13 at 07:16 PM..
Old 02-22-13, 09:45 AM   #44
NeilBlanchard
Journeyman EcoRenovator

It might be possible that 97% of all climate scientists are wrong; but what is the risk if we ignore them? The climate deniers are using the exact same tactics that the tobacco industry used - but we know that smoking causes cancer, right? How many live could have been saved if scientists had been listened to?

Climate science is like any other field of study - it is always asking questions, because when you learn something, it always raises more questions. But that doesn't mean that we don't know the basics. Do you accept the science of plate tectonics? This ties in directly to climate science. Do you accept the science of evolution? This ties in directly to climate science. Do you accept the science of astrophysics? This ties in directly with climate science. Do you accept the science of chemistry? This ties in directly with climate science.

You cannot deny one part of science, and accept another. The laws of physics apply to everything.

We know that humans burning fossil fuels are the main reason for the addition carbon dioxide in the air. It is a fact.

It is based on at least three things - the proportion of the carbon 12 isotope can only have come from fossil fuels. Volcanoes produce carbon 13, and they don't produce enough quantity, either. They don't consume any oxygen (since they melt rock with heat from the earth's core) and the ratio of oxygen also shows that oxygen is being consumed. If there was more carbon 14 (the radioactive isotope) then we would know that burning plants was the source.

So you can try and deny the facts. But reality will still affect you and all life on the planet.
NeilBlanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 10:16 AM   #45
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

If I deny or accept, it will make very little difference.
We just can't afford to waste taxpayer money on more GW studies. (Or a new Orion Space Capsule).
That money is going to be needed to pay all us old BabyBoomers who paid into SS,
back when a dollar was worth something. (Like 5 gallons of gasoline)..

Right at this moment in time, it sure starting to look like BabyBoomers have just about run out of luck..
There Will Be No Economic Recovery, Prepare Yourself Accordingly - Freedomain Radio

Is spending taxpayer dollars to buy weapons for the residents of Benghazi, going to shorten the lives of BabyBoomers?
Old 02-22-13, 10:24 AM   #46
creeky
Journeyman EcoRenovator

that's an interesting fact: the specific carbon 12 isotope. thx Neil. helps pinpoint where the carbon is coming from.
Yes. The climate on earth is variable. But the rise of carbon in the atmosphere is noted since the beginnings of the industrial revolution in England.
True: there may be other factors contributing to global warming (solar activity). But the acidification of the oceans appears to be directly related to man made CO2. I would think an "eco" site would have more posts on how to reduce CO2; and less "oh you poor deluded fools."
It's not like we haven't seen large scale man made changes to the world environment before. Ie. acid rain. And more recently, CFCs. The erosion of the ozone layer was a very contentious issue. With many "deniers". And yet we've managed to reduce the use of CFCs and in short order the ozone layer began to recover.
So clearly, we have a number of precedents for the kind of impact we're having on our planet. Now let's get together and begin finding solutions.
I am reminded of the research that came out recently on "why smart people make stupid decisions." Basically it came down to: smart people want to have friends and fit in to their community. So they adopt the beliefs of those around them. That's how you make friends. By imitating their beliefs. It's the foundation of the emperor's new clothes story.

Maybe a new area for "greenhouse gas reduction" techniques is in order.
Sort of like diving "leave only bubbles". or hiking. "leave only footprints." maybe we need a ecorenovator slogan "leave a greener healthier environment". kind of long. ideas?
creeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-13, 01:11 PM   #47
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

I am All for reduced pollution, in the Air in the water and in our landfills.
BUt turning it into a money making monopoly is taking things to far.
Controlling the Worlds Industries, from where ? USA the Country that has destroyed itself, is in desperate shape with more debt then they can ever pay off. Why even entertain them.
Why make it a profit business.

Did you hear we will be getting that money back in the form of services we already have, Social Aid that we already pay taxes for. Its the Global warming money grab that I detest, Not the idea of cleaning our air. Its a scam that's my point.

Last edited by ecomodded; 02-22-13 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-22-13, 01:27 PM   #48
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

But wait there is more , why would USA GW policy be lying to get believers, lying to our children to make believers out of them.

Deceit goes hand in hand in spreading lies. Think about it.

Al Gore and Bill Nye FAIL at doing a simple CO2 experiment | Watts Up With That?
Old 02-22-13, 01:46 PM   #49
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

One of the least challenged claims of global warming science is that carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is a “well-mixed gas.” A new scientific analysis not only debunks this assertion but also shows that standard climatology calculations, applicable only to temperature changes of the minor gas, carbon dioxide were fraudulently applied to the entire atmosphere to inflate alleged global temperature rises.

Acceptance of the “well-mixed gas” concept is a key requirement for those who choose to believe in the so-called greenhouse gas effect. A rising group of skeptic scientists have put the “well-mixed gas” hypothesis under the microscope and shown it contradicts not only satellite data by also measurements obtained in standard laboratory experiments.

Canadian climate scientist, Dr Tim Ball is a veteran critic of the “junk science” of the International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and no stranger to controversy.

Ball is prominent among the “Slayers” group of skeptics and has been forthright in denouncing the IPCC claims; “I think a major false assumption is that CO2 is evenly distributed regardless of its function.“

School Children Prove Carbon Dioxide is Heavier than Air

Dr. Ball and his colleagues appear to be winning converts with their hard-nosed re-examination of the standard myths of climate science and this latest issue is probably one of the easiest for non-scientists to comprehend.

Complete story follow the link

Carbon Dioxide Not a Well Mixed Gas and Can
Old 02-22-13, 02:01 PM   #50
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomodded View Post
One of the least challenged claims...
I thought that your use of English had improved remarkably.

Now I see that you cut & pasted every word.

Waste of time.

-AC