EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Appliances & Gadgets
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 03-29-15, 10:37 PM   #11
gtojohn
Journeyman EcoRenovator

We have a slow cooker with latches to hold the lid down. The latches are for travel. The lid has 2 small vent holes, no pressure builds.

gtojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-15, 04:40 PM   #12
Drake
DIY Guy

Thank you for the input into why I have been seeing the lid latch options on newer crock pots. AC, my whole goal in this is to to try to develop a less consumptive life style into the future. If I can find stand alone cooking appliances that cook the foods that I eat or can change to maybe I won't really need a full size oven or range in my new kitchen plan. Inductive cooking may be the fastest more efficient way to boil water but there is far more to the chemistry of cooking than heating water fast. Or we would all just have microwaves.

I didn't ask anyone to do research for me. I did ask people to SHARE cooking experiences with me if they had any. The slow cooker/pressure cooker connection was misconstrued. But I think a counter top pressure cooker with a delay timer could combine the advantages of both if a reasonable quality unit is made.

One of the greatest attributes of our written and verbal languages is the ability to share gained knowledge so that we don't have to all discover fire, the wheel or that the earth moves around the sun.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 02:03 AM   #13
MishaB
Lurking Renovator

Had me curious Drake, did you manage to find the slow cooker you saw advertised?
MishaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 03:59 PM   #14
Drake
DIY Guy

Thought it is not a slow cooker in the traditional sense it found with with a targeted add in this thread. The power pressure cooker XL. Having a delay timer would allow such an appliance to cook unattended while I am gone during the day which is the gist of why I have been using a slow cooker. I am not endorsing this unit or its cost or quality just its concept that might let me eliminate a major appliance or two. And I will admit that I don't have the time in my life to watt meter very possible way to cook a roast or chicken or hot dish to prove which is the absolute most energy efficient way to do it. Might just wait till I see one or something like it in my local thrift store.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote