EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-10, 08:56 AM   #31
Xringer
Lex Parsimoniae

That is one sweet looking trike.. Please start a new project thread, so we can watch
this one from a clean start page..

Xringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 09:45 PM   #32
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
That is one sweet looking trike.. Please start a new project thread, so we can watch
this one from a clean start page..
will do....
UPDATE: MR.GREEN is back home and PAM has been using it since.. i talked to her on sunday and she told me that the tractor has been hauling the poop spreader everyday to my surprise she has not put it on charge. the last time it went on charge was last wednesday, the day before i had my boy deliver it back to Pam.... so i ask her to throw it on charge that night.. i stopped by today to read the batteries and make sure all was well.. well Pam tells me she just took it off charge but didn't remember it the charger was green to indicate it was completely charge. so i pulled out the volt meter and it read 12.7 on each batteries which means it's not fully charged.. well i realized she had the main breaker switched off and when you do that it can not charge the battery.. so i showed her what she had to do again and hopefully she got it this time.. the good thing is she has been showing off the tractor to everyone in our neighborhood and and all the folks she knows with these mini farms and ranches.. maybe i'll get some business out of this down the line..

Last edited by aproldan; 04-05-10 at 09:48 PM..
aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 11:21 AM   #33
cdm5674
Lurking Renovator

I just have one question for ya. Where do you get you motor and electronics from. Im new to this and want to try it out on one of my dead riders. I just am not sure where to get the stuff from. Also, Im thinking of leaving the mower deck on for grasscutting. what do you think would be the best motor size? Your post has been very helpful.
cdm5674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-10, 12:49 PM   #34
cdm5674
Lurking Renovator

I also forget, with this setup can you still use reverse??
Old 04-26-10, 05:03 AM   #35
aproldan
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm5674 View Post
I just have one question for ya. Where do you get you motor and electronics from. Im new to this and want to try it out on one of my dead riders. I just am not sure where to get the stuff from. Also, Im thinking of leaving the mower deck on for grasscutting. what do you think would be the best motor size? Your post has been very helpful.
the motor i bought a few years back, it's a scott motor.. the controller you can get from tncscooter. depending on what size motor you are going to use.. and yes you can still use reverse.. it operates the same as a gas minus the fumes, noise and wasting money on gas.. i had a chance to see the owner of MR.GREEN(PAM) last week and checked on the tractor and her feedback.. she is still very happy with the tractor and uses it everyday on and off.
as for a motor for the cutting deck i would go for 3HP motor or larger. 3 HP the min. for a 38 inch deck...
aproldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 07:52 AM   #36
cdm5674
Lurking Renovator

Thanks for the info

Tags
electric tractor.