EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you buy bottled water ?
No 15 68.18%
Yes 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-09, 02:44 PM   #11
wyatt
Helper EcoRenovator

I had to mark yes since the wife came home with a case of it last Friday. It wasn't for us to drink so much as for the party we were having. We usually get a couple bottles of spring water (aquafina and daisani taste like chlorine) when driving long distances and our water bottle runs out.

wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 07:16 AM   #12
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

I do, unfortunately. I read about plastic bottles in E magazine (I'll update which issue when I find it, the house is a mess right now) and have been drinking even less bottled water since then. Almost totally tap for me, be it for biking and other sports, or just a glass before bedtime. The rest of the family doesn't want to drink tap without boiling it first, but I've had no problems with it. The water they drink comes in 1.5 liter PET bottles, but I buy 6 liter jugs for the Wife's sports drink (a 6 liter jug is at least 2 times less plastic than 4 1.5 liter bottles). I'm trying to get her and some friends to switch, but it's not working.

What I really hate is when I go to some conference, etc. and they give out tiny 300ml, or even 200ml, bottles of water, instead of putting out some pitchers and glasses. I try not take any unless I really need to drink.
Piwoslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 08:32 AM   #13
Daox
Administrator

Would your wife drink it if you got a filtering system? Either a Brita type pitcher in the fridge, or a filter before the tap?
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-09, 11:25 AM   #14
Doofus McFancypants
Helper EcoRenovator

had to answer Yes -
daily use we use the filtered water through the Fridge - Have 2 thermos type water bottle we use for the local Pool.

But for longer car trips we will get a case of water to have in the car with us and at the hotel in the evenings ( do not feal comfortable drinking water from a Hotel Sink Tap)

Steve