Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Lawn and Garden
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-16, 12:14 AM   #1
celblazer
Helper EcoRenovator

Default Snow Joe Li-Ion Snow Blower and Snowmaggedon

So I bought one of these( Amazon Link ) before the blizzard hit NJ. Short review it rocks, handled the deep snow well enough and up to 8" with ease.

Lets see. I'm disabled due to a bad neck injury so shoveling would not have worked with this much snow. I can do light stuff in shifts and suffer severely afterwards so we decided to give this a try.

Easy to put together with no tools needed, light enough my fiance and I can get it around 32lbs. Separate charger takes 2.5hrs ish from empty. Electric shute directional control(really sweet) and LED headlight. Oh and soo quiet.

Night one I went out after midnight(try that with gas) to check it out. We had a few inches by then figured lets put a dent in it. I planned it just doing mine and heading to bed, well it worked so well I did my walk and driveway and both neighbors walks. Due to the lightweight it's easy to push. LED gave plenty of light.

9am next morning and we are buried in. UGH It's designed for up to 8". The top of the front sits at about 15" and the snow was above it. Oh well lets see how it does. No it didn't chew through it but with 2 passes it did. It even handled the plowed snow well. I only did my property as it was all I was up to but the battery still has 30% charge when done and I was not in extreme pain (Huge win). Some drifts are almost 3 ft around the car at this time but with a couple of passes you could get in the door.

A few hours later another pass and it worked great and quick less then 15 min. I did one more pass before bed which again in under 15 minutes. The fiance also took it out on the deck and cleared a path for the dog. It took her no time.

Sunday morning and more snow and it's wet and heavy what left for me to do. It did struggle but did an impressive job. By noon I had dry pavement and driveway from the sun.

Overall this thing rocked. We estimate I spent an hour ish total. I would have had to pay someone to shovel and had to wait til mid day at least.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0804.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	505.4 KB
ID:	6564   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0806.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	6565   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0807.jpg
Views:	1020
Size:	526.4 KB
ID:	6566   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0809.jpg
Views:	1173
Size:	515.2 KB
ID:	6567   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0811.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	497.9 KB
ID:	6568  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0813.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	519.2 KB
ID:	6569  

Last edited by Daox; 01-25-16 at 08:16 AM..
celblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to celblazer For This Useful Post:
Daox (01-25-16), gasstingy (01-26-16), pinballlooking (01-25-16)