|09-21-16, 04:12 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2016
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help and advice please.
My family agreed to have me renovate my Grandfather's place so that it would be my new home and I need some help and advice on how to build a home that would keep me cool since in my area the average temperature would be around 35 degrees Celsius.
I could use my old A/C and install it but I would like it best if I can avoid paying a lot for electricity expenses.
I have some questions and I also need some suggestions and other tips aside from my questions being answered.
1. What is better at keeping me cool, a one-story building or a two-story building?
2. Is there a way to keep the inside of my house cool aside from having my windows open, Ceiling fan/Air Conditioner running?
3. Is there a way that I could design my house to keep it cool all day long and at night as well since it is always summer here in my Country.
4.Are there any kind of material that would help the insides of a house cool?
5.Aside from having a roof to block the heat of the sun, is there a way for the heat being absorbed by the roof not spread inside the house?
6.Would it be better to have a basement and put my bedroom there instead as well as my important stuff (working computer, gaming computer and etc.)
7. Where and how many windows should I put?
8. I heard something about thermal mass(walls, flooring and etc.) where should I put them?
Any advice and suggestions would be really appreciated.