EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-08, 12:11 PM   #11
Daox
Administrator

Wouldn't the water need to be scalding hot in order to kill germs? I wash with cold water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 12:25 PM   #12
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

it's iffy. the soap is the important. water doesn't need to be quite hot to kill things. i don't wash with cold water, but that's cause i hate cold water. lol.

though, i can't seeing it being overly difficult to run some hot water into that.
insaneintenti0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 12:44 PM   #13
Daox
Administrator

Nah, it wouldn't be hard. I've heard of hot water being mixed with cold on toilets that sweat too much. They run some warm water to the toilet to stop it from getting so cold. The downside of course is increased hot water useage.

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-08, 01:32 PM   #14
cmittle
Helper EcoRenovator

It wouldn't have to be scalding hot, just hottish. Of course if you tried to run hot water to it you would have the same problem as getting hot water at the sink it takes a few seconds for the hot water to work its way through the pipes and out of the tap, and by that time I'm sure the toilet tank would be full.

That being said, I'm contemplating getting one for my basement bathroom when we finish that.

cmittle is offline   Reply With Quote