EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Off Topic > The Billiards Room
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-09, 06:38 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default The 10 Dumbest Green Buildings on Earth

Kinda funny article that gives examples of buildings built with green methods, but are used for the exact opposite reasons. I love the LEED certified gas station lol.

The 10 Dumbest Green Buildings on Earth : Green Building Elements

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 02:23 AM   #2
Piwoslaw
Super Moderator

I showed this to the Wife and we both agree that those buildings would be built and operated anyway, so since they're that much greener, then that's that much better (or less worse, actually). Now, if suddenly everyone agreed that such-and-such buildings, less green or more, are still beside the point and we're not going to build/use them any more, then that would be just great But I doubt it's going to happen, since there will always be people ready to waste our resources and not even give it a second thought. "Because I can afford it" is what they say, [censored].

Timberlake's golf course - I loved the comment. This list reminds me of Al Gore's energy-guzzling mansion, and a few other buildings which got wide media coverage because they "went green", ie installed a small PV system. Save, man, save! It's not only about where your energy comes from, it's about how you use it. Respect the Earth and all of it's inhabitants.
Piwoslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-09, 06:15 AM   #3
Daox
Administrator

I agree, its a good that they did go green. Its just humorous and ironic.

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote