EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Conservation
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-18, 01:17 PM   #241
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Total miles 4,104
Electric Miles 3,649
Gas Miles 454
11 gallons on gas use so far.

We are very happy with this car 88% EV so far it really meets our need so far.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180213-102328.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	8155  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-18, 08:18 PM   #242
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Today we drove our Volt 121 EV miles and 2 gas miles. We are still at 89% EV miles so far (lifetime).
We are enjoying android Auto mapping on the big car screen running for a fast cell phone is great.
It pauses the music to tell the directions the resumes it after.
I no car Nav systems do this but Android Auto was not extra cost and works better than any build Nav system I have used. You can use Waze or google maps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EV_Miles.JPG
Views:	770
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	8193  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (02-28-18)
Old 06-04-18, 01:21 PM   #243
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

We have a place at lake Hartwell and it is 55 miles away.
My wife drove home yesterday and made it 55 miles with a couple miles left over with AC running the whole time.

Very sweet to drive this far on solar power ½ way. Maybe someday I will get solar out there.
The meter charge is like $30 out there and you can't offset it. Crazy expensive power out there.

This new Volt is so comfortable we have been taking it on longer trips. We have 9,500 miles so far and not one issue with it.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 06-04-18 at 04:05 PM..
Old 08-01-18, 12:39 PM   #244
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Volt update

We now have 10,711 total miles on our 2018 Volt. 8,909 EV miles 83% EV usage so far.
No issues no oil change needed just a tire rotation that I did.
My wife still loves this car and parks away from others this is unheard of and we have had a few new cars.
I enjoy driving this car very refined.

We have not been putting as many miles on the Volt. My son drives his 96 Saturn everywhere but I am fine with that.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-04-18)
Old 08-01-18, 12:50 PM   #245
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Nice. Would like one of those to replace LOMS PT cruiser she uses as an airport car which they get horrible mileage if you bought a standard as in worse than pickup truck mileage the automatic got decent gas mileage.

You have to have a beater for the employee lot as the spots are very small and the area is prone to hail storms and since most everyone owns a truck and doesn't care about other cars.... Luckily she has missed the storms but seen the carnage in the lot after a storm but lots of other damage. So we would be looking for a beater condition one. ts about an hour drive to the airport and when we move to somewhere around charlotte (looking at the gaffney area) it'll be a longer commute because of where we want to live.
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-18, 11:00 AM   #246
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

We really like the Gen 2.0 volt the longer range fits our life style much better.
Since it gets great gas mileage we have taken it on some longer drives. It is quicker off the line than the Gen1 Volt my wife really like that.

It has not been back to the Chevy dealer at all.
We have 10K EV miles and about 2K gas miles. 83% EV

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Volt.JPG
Views:	748
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	8369  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (09-14-18), philb (09-18-18)
Old 09-14-18, 12:08 PM   #247
Daox
Administrator

Thanks for all the updates. I really appreciate the real world experience.

&
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-18, 05:54 PM   #248
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

If you drive around the Volt for 5 years and don't put much mileage on it, does the car eventually count down to 0% on the oil life for some sort of calendar based recommendation for changing the oil?

For people who actually drive these on road trips and the gas engine is running almost exclusively on the highway, what sort of miles do people reach before a recommended change comes about?

I remember my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am would usually pop the oil change light at around 5000 with its monitoring system, but I wasn't driving it exclusively on the highway. I know someone driving a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer with a 7 quart oil sump and it counts down to 0% at over 10k miles. Wondering how that looks in comparison with the Volt.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-18, 06:05 PM   #249
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

No mater what the mileage is it won’t let you go over 24 months for an oil change.
They use the Delphi sensor so miles very greatly depending on how you use your car. I will get to two years before the mileage hits.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 10-19-18 at 09:02 PM..
Old 11-28-18, 07:16 PM   #250
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The Volt is dead March 2019 the last Volts we be made.
"The company has also confirmed that the Chevy Volt will be discontinued."
https://electrek.co/2018/11/26/gm-ch...ric-investmet/

I sure hope they make another extended range EV a bigger one with same 53 EV miles.
We still love ours 12,462 EV miles 83% EV just over a year old never been back to the dealer.
No oil change needed yet.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -