EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Old 03-05-17, 01:35 PM   #11
pelotin
Helper EcoRenovator

Thank you for the recommendation Jeff I just place an order for this refrigerant, seller has no ratings but for the price I will go with ebay, hopefully it is a good seller and if not I will deal with ebay. Thanks again! Now I just need to find a cheap scale I hope this new cylinder weight less than 15 pounds so I can use a scale from amazon that it weights things as low as a gram, thanks!!

pelotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 07:37 AM   #12
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I don't know the seller or anything, I just found a "deal of the day". Please don't blame me if something goes sideways with your transaction. As with let-go, craigs-list, and the increasing number of peer-to-peer trading sites, most of the more expensive items found in a search are being sold by a business. As a rule, the cheaper the item, the more risk of headaches and delays. Maybe this guy is the "refrigeration police" trying to hunt down pirates! The one thing that stands out in the listing is "better be there to sign for the package" or else...

Ebay has changed their policies drastically since they hit critical mass and grew supermassive, increasing buyer protection and weeding out sellers with low integrity. Now it is much easier to get a refund, cancel a transaction, retract a bid, report a seller, etc. When the site was young, it was very difficult to complete any of these actions to an acceptable level of satisfaction. New sellers are scrutinized and required to build up a positive transaction history before being allowed to list more than a few items a month.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
pelotin (03-06-17)
Old 03-06-17, 03:41 PM   #13
pelotin
Helper EcoRenovator

I thank you again for the recommendation but it's not your responsability if the seller is not good or if it is the freon police, LOL.
Old 03-07-17, 11:48 PM   #14
pelotin
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
I don't know the seller or anything, I just found a "deal of the day". Please don't blame me if something goes sideways with your transaction. As with let-go, craigslist, and the increasing number of peer-to-peer trading sites, most of the more expensive items found in a search are being sold by a business. As a rule, the cheaper the item, the more risk of headaches and delays. Maybe this guy is the "refrigeration police" trying to hunt down pirates! The one thing that stands out in the listing is "better be there to sign for the package" or else...

Ebay has changed their policies drastically since they hit critical mass and grew supermassive, increasing buyer protection and weeding out sellers with low integrity. Now it is much easier to get a refund, cancel a transaction, retract a bid, report a seller, etc. When the site was young, it was very difficult to complete any of these actions to an acceptable level of satisfaction. New sellers are scrutinized and required to build up a positive transaction history before being allowed to list more than a few items a month.
I think the guy at ebay is a scammer. He is not longer a seller and now I just started a dispute with ebay to get a refund. Good thing I paid with credit card if ebay does not back me up I will dispute it with my CC. It was too good to be true. 7.5lbs of R410a for 26.99 dollars.

There are other guys selling the same and now they are offering at 24.99 and it shows that it is a seller with no feedback and not even one review or buyer feedback. I saw a local guy selling a brand new tank for 50 dollars I sent him a message let's see if he responds. Maybe I will end up buying from Amazon at 130.00 dollars for 25 lbs. Thank your time.
Old 03-08-17, 06:59 AM   #15
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Sorry about that. When I looked, there were half a dozen listings for the 7.5 pound cylinders. The big sellers had them listed for around 80 to 90 dollars shipped. Or you could get a 2 pound bottle for 5 bucks less. Or a 25 pound tank for 5 bucks more.

Just start a case with eBay by clicking "contact seller" or "I didn't receive it" to the right of your item in purchase history. eBay will also contact the seller (or try to) and put a hold or a charge back on his account. If the item didn't ship yet or never got to you, cha ching, you get a refund.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 09:15 AM   #16
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

This is the vendor I used on ebay they shipped right out.
282369162232 | eBay
Bigger than you want but they shipped the same day I paid.
June 5 2016 it was $114.95 week before I bought it $100

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-17, 07:07 PM   #17
pelotin
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff5may View Post
Sorry about that. When I looked, there were half a dozen listings for the 7.5 pound cylinders. The big sellers had them listed for around 80 to 90 dollars shipped. Or you could get a 2 pound bottle for 5 bucks less. Or a 25 pound tank for 5 bucks more.

Just start a case with eBay by clicking "contact seller" or "I didn't receive it" to the right of your item in purchase history. eBay will also contact the seller (or try to) and put a hold or a charge back on his account. If the item didn't ship yet or never got to you, cha ching, you get a refund.
Hello guys I just finished charging my MS, I bought a 25 pound tank of r410a at amazon and it got delivered yesterday and today I had a dr's appointment and after that I proceed to recharge my unit.

I wasn't able to pull a vacuum as deep as last time I have new oil in my pump but this time I wan not able to go any lower than 390 microns.
I bought a postal scale from amazon too and please the pictures below. I was able according to the scale to charge 724 grams, my unit uses only 700grams but everytime you unscrew the 5/16 port it releases a few gas so I thought just to compensate for that loss. Well my unit in now working perfectly and its blowing very cold air! Thank you guys for your help.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R410aTank.jpg
Views:	624
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	7662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weight14.896.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	7663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weight14.902.jpg
Views:	615