Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-10, 05:53 AM   #1
mrd
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Default Fujitsu AOU24RML1 + (2)ARU12RML multisplit installation

My plan for this thread is to log the installation of the Fujitsu multisplit system listed in the title. I have a poor track record with keeping consistent updates in logs/blogs, but we'll see how it goes here

Background

I am in the (slow) process of building my own home from the ground up. It's a 1000sqft, 2 bed/2 bath, single story residence. I am doing as much work as possible myself, to learn and save money. I am 29 years old, with little previous construction experience prior to this. I have ~10 years computer programming experience, and have an associate degree in electronic/electrical engineering.

You could say I'm out of my element, but I'm good at self-study, and have spent the past few years reading much on residential design and construction practices. I'm in good health and have ambition, so things are going well so far.

The House

It is a single story home with a conditioned crawlspace and ventilated attic. The crawlspace has 2" XPS rigid foam insulation on the exterior side of a 4' tall 8" block wall foundation. The floor system is composed of 2x10s of #1 southern yellow pine, and the band/rim joist sits recessed on the wide 2x10 PT sill plate which caps the block wall and extends over the exterior insulation. To the outside of the recessed band joist is 2" XPS again.

I'll attach the original cross section submitted for the city building permit. Slight changes were made from these plans - the ceiling joist to rafter connections were changed (i'll attach that detail too.)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fp7a2.jpg
Views:	1511
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1056   Click image for larger version

Name:	framing_rafter_tie_detail.jpg
Views:	6659
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1057  
mrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags