Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-14, 02:19 PM   #1
stef110
Helper EcoRenovator

Default First Heatpump project

hello, My name is Stef I am 21 years old and i live in the Netherlands.
I still live in the house of my parents. My English is not the best in the world so please don't shoot me on that!

3 Years ago i started to build my own solar panels. These panels worked properly buy about a month ago I replaced them for "real" panels for better power production and because they had a little bit moisture inside.
More info about this project can you see on my site (dutch language)

Last year we install a solar water heater with a 300L boiler, about a half year ago we placed a wood stove with water heating feature. This stove heats not only the house but also the domestic hot water supply.

Since these installations we reduced a big amount of gas. The next thing on the list will be of course a air source heat pump. Because I love to build things my self like the solar panels I really wanted to try build the heat pump my self to.
After reading the hole manifesto topic i decided to give it a shot and start searching for parts.
On the internet i found a new very cheap airco unit with heating feature.
After receiving the unit i eminently tear it apart to investigate how the inside was looking. After that i ordered a heat exchanger i am still gathering parts.
Next week i will get a bottle of nitrogen for the insert gas and to test the system on pressure. I would like to say let the build begin.

sorry i have a bung of pictures but i can't insert them because this is my fist post

I will keep you guys posted!

stef110 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stef110 For This Useful Post:
theoldwizard1 (11-01-14)