EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-14, 10:09 PM   #13
where2
DIY Geek

If a government official thinks I'm "rich" because I have a PV array on my roof, I'll gladly trade incomes with them. I'd love to see a government official and their spouse try to pull off living on what my wife and I (combined) made last year while paying property taxes, windstorm (hurricane) insurance, car insurance, health insurance, and all life's other expenses!

Why should I have to pay to add capacity for that new all electric Wendy's that needs 800A per phase? If my utility was run like anything other than a monopolistic business, the investors (stock holders) in the company would need to put up the capital to expand the capacity to serve more customers. My only options were to get propane gas at the house and a gas dryer, put a PV array on the roof, or put up a clothes line.

Next you'll tell me the government, the gas company and power company all want to tax clothes lines because they offset my propane or electric consumption?? Owners of clothes lines and gas dryers don't pay their fair share to add capacity to the grid or upkeep the grid.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote