EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Geothermal & Heat Pumps
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-11, 08:04 AM   #11
RKA
Lurking Renovator

Almost there! We got a string of gorgeous weather on a holiday weekend. If there ever was a sign from god.... Thanks to all your help and my friendly neighbor, we spent 6 hours on electrical (also had to fix a pre-existing issue), another 3 hrs mounting indoor bracket and outdoor wall brackets, and another 5 hours finishing electric to the indoor unit, mounting it and running linesets. Last night I did a 200 psi test on nitrogen. It fell 0.8 psi over 3+ hours as the temps started dropping, so I was satisfied everything was okay. I'm vacuuming now. Got down to 350 microns after an hour of vacuuming and still dropping. I'll let it run for another hour or so then blank everything off before I head out to pick up supplies to dress up the line sets. If all goes well, I'll spend the day making things look pretty (and water tight) and tonight my neighbor will help me do the final connections at the panel and we'll fire it up! So excited! Can't thank you guys enough for all the help and for this thread! The cost of hiring this out was prohibitive, so this never would have happened, but it's also my first real DIY project on this house (our first)!

Last edited by RKA; 11-28-11 at 08:29 AM..
RKA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, diy, heat pump