Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-10, 08:58 PM   #11
pick1e
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
No, this is not correct. I used the 'LS press' reading to refer to a PT chart for R-290 to see what the temperature should have been at that particular pressure (actually I did a curve fit on the PT chart for R-290 and derived the formula for the entire PT chart in order to save myself from interpolating every value). Then I subtracted the actual temperature from the calculated temperature to determine Sub Cooling.

Ditto Super Heating. I derived values for Sub Cooling and Super Heating, to be used in system tuning. Since the only fine adjustment I could make was refrigerant pressure. I used an excessively high Sub Cooling value to discover that I needed to lower my refrigerant pressure. I did adjust that, and the efficiency increased accordingly.
That is interesting. I don't remember you mentioning that in the thread, sorry if you did. Hopefully I will avoid that necessity by not disassembling my AC unit. I would like to use it as is, sacrificing some efficiency for simplicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
I used a power meter to determine power into the compressor for each time interval. I also knew the volume, and thus the weight of the water for each time period.
Okey dokey, thanks.

pick1e is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, diy, gshp, heat pump, homemade