View Single Post
Old 11-15-10, 10:08 AM   #27
Daox
Administrator

Sunday I was able to take what I had done so far and put the frames together. Overall, the assembly went quite well. My first frame was a little twisted, but the others went together very nicely and are pretty straight.

I quickly found out that a countersink was needed for the screws after cracking the first frame piece. So, I added countersinks to all of the boards. I still had a small problem with cracking after that, but not bad at all.

The assembly procedure was quite simple. Clamp the pieces in the vise, insert screws, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat... You get the idea. I did put scrap pieces under the other ends of the boards to keep them level with the vise which didn't sit flush on the floor. I think this is where I had the problem with my first piece being a little twisted.

In the end this is what I had.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote