View Single Post
Old 08-23-11, 07:48 AM   #16
Daox
Administrator

Well, I've started collecting parts for the project.

Over the weekend I picked up a 300W 24V scooter motor for $30 shipped off ebay. I'm really hoping this is large enough to spin the blade and cut grass. I think it might be a little on the small side, but the price was right and I couldn't pass it up. If its too small I'm sure I can find another use for a 300W permanent magnet motor.

Last night I picked up the mower for the project too. Its my uncle's 20 year old Honda push mower. He recently replaced it with a reel mower since the engine was making odd sounds. Its a bit on the heavy side I think, but it should work. One downside is it doesn't have a side discharge. Its really only setup for bagging which I have no interest in using a bagger. So, I'll have to make something up for side discharge.

Pictures to come.

I'm still looking for suggestions too. I'd still like to keep the build price under $150 but exceeding that a little is okay too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote