View Single Post
Old 01-28-20, 11:10 PM   #35
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I changed my band-saw from 3 phase over to 120 volts. I ordered an over current and motor controller all in one. New 1HP 120 Volt motor.
I put all new blade bearings and bearing bushings on it. New blade new belt new belt and blade cleaner brushes

On the old controller cover I used my plasma table to cut out a place for the switch.
Tomorrow I will adjust the blade.

I worked on the bandsaw again tonight.
I added a shunt to the motor controller. This is an item that snaps to the side of the motor controlled. When it gets energize it turns off the switch.

The motor controller feeds power to the shunt then there is a switch that closes when the saw finishing cutting. So this is a self-collapsing cricket.

The saw completes the cut and I shuts its off. Them you must turn the motor controller back on to start cutting again. (It worked similar to this from the factory but I totally gutted and reworked it for 120 volts.)

I had to change the motor wiring to make it run CW and flip the blade inside out to make the rake got the right direction.
It is cutting good right now. I still need to do a few things but I can use it now.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 01-29-20 at 09:42 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote