View Single Post
Old 10-08-15, 09:55 PM   #6
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

Default Ticking all the boxes

Thought I would present everyone with a teaser.

The welding shop has been extremely busy and was using my job as a fill in. The young apprentice is quite excited about the project. The journey men set him up and the young man is very careful in TIG welding the stainless just as the more experienced men set out.

The owner of the shop is the most accomplished welder I know. I have met men that weld structural tubing for aircraft and they would only be able to pack this mans lunch. His work in stainless would be comparable to jewelry.

This will be a large weld-ment for the shop by their typical work but it will work out nice. The pieces are large and heavy but we wish it this way to remain in place in spite of the Canadian winter wind.

Some research into inverters and system controls but nothing set in stone yet. I'm looking into high voltage 350V plus for string inverters charging a lithium battery pack. Higher voltage keeps the losses lower.

Hopefully we can have the assembly up within the next couple weeks, I don't like working outside in the cold weather.

Randen
Attached Images

randen is offline   Reply With Quote