View Single Post
Old 04-16-10, 01:21 PM   #252
cncsystem
Lurking Renovator

Thumbs up automation idea for GSHP

Hi AC HAKER
great work on here very helpfull
i just learned a few dwys ago about heat pumps and i want to build one for my self.
one idea for controling the unit in short words is using thermo sensors with a pic 16f84 or samting from this family of micro procesors
le't say we ned for the basics 4 sensors two for ground loop in and out and two for the radiant floor loop (we can actualy use as many as we want but we keep things simple for the time
The sensors will be "LM35" for celsius and "LM34" for fahrenheit

www*national*com/mpf/LM/LM34*html#Overview]LM34 - Precision Fahrenheit Temperature Sensor
www*national*com/mpf/LM/LM34.html#Overview]LM34 - Precision Fahrenheit Temperature Sensor

about 5 years ago i plaied with micro controllers and i did learned a few things and i think it can be done
i did read back here somwere about a 1 wire sensor that has some code so it is dificult to use and expensive

the microcontroller has 2 ports of 8 pins each so 16 pins that can be set as imputs (for reading the sensors, buttons ) or outputs (for controling the relays , relays that can turn on or off compresors water pumps lights or any thing)
so the micro controller acts like this:
1. we tell it that pins: 1,2,3,4 are imputs
2. we tell it that pins: 5,6,7 are outputs
3. we tell it that when groung loop temp sensor is reaching 3*Celsius to turn on the output 1. that controls the relay 1. ON that it is conected to an buzer or alarm system to warn us for 5 sec (or any amount of time, or on 2 sec off 2 sec on 2 sec or any way we want)
4. we tell it that when the sensor of pin one reaches 6 * celsius to shoot OFF the alarm
5. we tell it that when the pin one sensor reaches 0*celsius to shoot OFF the output 2 that it is conected to relay 2. that controls the compresor(so it will turn Off the compresor
and so on

we tell it = programing

and it works on the basics of :if that (in tis case sensors value reading)
then do that (turn on or off relays)

i'm not a very god englesh speaker writer
i leave in Romania where the temp in the winter plunges to -13 fahrenheit

i did not practice programing for five years but it is like riding a bike i only have to remember , and the number of ports/pins may not be acurate since i do not remember very well but the idea it is what it counts
i also heve the programing tools and software and the internet is ful of info and examples. I'm shore that somone else has don it before

en*wikipedia*org/wiki/PIC16x84]PIC16x84 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
www*
cncsystem is offline   Reply With Quote