View Single Post
Old 05-01-12, 11:15 AM   #10
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

Condensing dryers seem like a great solution. I think the first step should be to use a laundry spinner. From people who I know who have them, you toss in your clothes, it spins them at a super high speed extracting far more water than the clothes washer can in its spin cycle, and then instead of drying them(normal dryer) for 40+ minutes, they are dry and ready to hang wrinkle free with 15-20 minutes of drying.

If someone were to hang their clothes in the house and do the dehumidification thing, or even hang them outside, a laundry spinner would reduce the time it takes to dry significantly.

Outside drying is great as long as it is warm enough for it to work. I've hung slightly damp clothes up in my closet and gone to work and nights where it is cold enough to reach my away from home setback of 40 degrees, the clothes feel just as wet as they were before. Even though the indoor humidity is 40% with the clothes spaced out reasonably well. I'd imagine for good outdoor drying it would take 50 degrees and direct sun.

Last edited by MN Renovator; 05-01-12 at 11:19 AM..
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote